The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Global Entry System, anyone use it? - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Global Entry System, anyone use it? (/showthread.php?tid=41108)

Global Entry System, anyone use it? - Lola - 01-13-2012

Its a speedpass kiosk for Immigrations and Customs, when entering the USA. Currently 20 airports offer the service. You don't have to fill out the Customs document they hand out on the plane, and if there is any problem with the kiosk, you go to the head of the regular line. The approval is good for 5 years.

I entered all my info and got a conditional approval, but haven't paid the $100 to queue to schedule the personal interview (at one of the 20 airports).

Has anyone here used it? I was googling around and found someone's blog where folks were saying it was nice, really fast. They also mentioned that American Express will rebate the fee. And if you have a NEXUS card (Canada/US border) you can apply for GOES at no extra fee.

Minimum age is 15; but kids under 15 traveling with their registered parent goes through with the parent.

Re: Global Entry System, anyone use it? - suzengrace - 01-13-2012

Wow ...Havn't even heard of this...Thanks Lola...Where do you sign up ????

Re: Global Entry System, anyone use it? - lizardbeth - 01-15-2012

This is Elizabeth's husband Greg. I have been using Global Entry for about 4 months now. I can't imagine international travel without it now. It's especially useful if you carry on instead of checking your bags, but even if you check you will still get through significantly faster.

The interview was a non-event. I watched a video and got my questions answered. After that they took my pic and fingerprints and I was on my way. Used it coming back from that trip and several times since.

Re: Global Entry System, anyone use it? - lizardbeth - 01-15-2012

I scheduled a long layover on a trip to Germany and had my interview at Dulles. I allowed WAY too much time for it. It was quick.

Re: Global Entry System, anyone use it? - skyjuice - 01-15-2012

Me too, LR.