The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Couple of funny things - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Couple of funny things (/showthread.php?tid=40964)

Pages: 1 2 3

Couple of funny things - Sophie - 01-10-2012

Not ha ha funny, but I gotta share.

#1- Going through customs in STL. Chat with a couple. They say they have been going to Hedo for 15 years and this was their first time leaving the property. Guy was saying he woudn't eat out of one of those barrels along the road. I'm thinking----wonder what you are eating at Hedo???

#2- Smokey just came in from poker tournament. Woman says to him- where ya been? He says Jamaica. She says----are ya ready for this???? She says..... aren't people REALLY REALLY black there? She says--- I been to Mexico, they ain't so black there. Oh, the kicker? After the black part she was sure to throw in the "I ain't racist" part. Jesus mary and joseph, save me now from the idiots on this earth. I can't even type what Smokey was saying- even with letters blocked out it would be too dirty. I may have to go with him next week to see what stupid looks like up close. Nahhhhhh, mi cyaan manage.

Re: Couple of funny things - Schuttzie - 01-11-2012

Wow, it's amazing the stupidity that is out there!

Re: Couple of funny things (NM) *NM* - barbara - 01-11-2012

Re: Couple of funny things - suzengrace - 01-11-2012

Its mind-boggling isnt it??? You'd think with the internet/cable TV that people would be a little more educated about the world in general...

Seems the opposite at times- a "dumbing down" of the human species...

Re: Couple of funny things - Sophie - 01-12-2012

Mac- The dog ting-LOL. YEP! That stereotype fits us to a T----LOL

Re: Couple of funny things - oldtimer - 01-12-2012

Well Yvonne if she was dating a jamaican and didn't notice it she must be blind,I didn't say wrong I said blind.

Re: Couple of funny things - oldtimer - 01-13-2012

Green,,,,with envy !!!

Re: Couple of funny things - VenusdeMilos - 01-14-2012

Im following this thread with interest. Some good points have been made particularly Macy pointing out that she wants people to notice she is black...well hell yeah! The same if some didnt notice my Irish blue eyes. Its not a vanity thing I dont want compliments on them, but are you seeing me?

Now Im not disagreeing one way or the other with what has been said but my biggest observation here is...and please do not take this as a critiscism it is purely an observation....but this whole conversation seems very dated!...its like something out the 60's.

Then Im curious! Macy says 25 years ago, there were very few mixed relationships. How do you explain the zillions of mixed race people? Plenty my age too that would have been born in the late 60's. I grant you that I grew up in a capital city and therefore I was exposed to a variety of cultures in all directions and it was the norm but Im sure this is not a London phenomenom.

I did go to private school which was prodominently white with lots of Jewish girls, Irish Big Grin Italians and Greeks. The common denominator was we were all Daddy's Little Princess's and Daddy had made it good. My father was working class Irish who made a good business for himself. My brothers and I despite expensive educations were never allowed to be snobby. Never allowed to forget where we came from and to be proud. There were 2 Asian girls at my school, sisters from Sri Lanka. Nobody liked them much, not because of their race but because they wore glasses and were super brainy geeks. Luckily I was a day girl and didnt board so I got to go home every afternoon and mix with other London kids who always teased me for being 'posh'!

When I was growing up Punks and Rastas ruled London and mixed in everyway. We shared music, club space and spliffs. I can remember going to Jamaican friends houses and hating the decor. It was all floral and plastic LOL. I always remember going with one friend to his Jamaican Grandfathers house who had an orange tree growing IN his living room and it was huge. Amazing! He claimed he grew it from seed. One of my BFF's for over 25years now is half Jamaican (her mother is from Negril) and her father Nigerian. My friend married a white guy from Manchester, Northern England which I could have a problem with LOL but the wedding was a riot! Oh then there is Mo (Mohamed) childhood friend whose parents are from Mauritius. Mo about 25 years ago married a white girl from Scotland. We went to the civil wedding in NE London which was memorable not bc it was a mixed marriage but bc it was so beautiful. All the women in colourful sahri's including the bride and the men in white kaftans. Bollywood eat your heart out. No booze tho....probably why I can remember everything!

My parents never complained about the crowd I was moving in bc of their race, creed or colour it just wasnt an issue but did moan bc he was too wild or bc she wasnt polite that kind of thing.

My kids now come under racist taunts here in Greece bc they are blonde and 1/2 English. It usually mellows out by the time they get to High School where it is still mentioned but more positive.

Re: Couple of funny things - wit - 01-14-2012

excellent thread everyone!

Personally I don't see colour. I see other things first like eyes, skin, teeth, legs (Macy) etc.
I grew up in a white anglo saxon community. Never had a black classmate until high school.
My mother was against mixed marriages only if it involved having children.

I admit I am racist. I detest Toronto because I am a minority in my OWN country. Melting pot? Whatever.

Re: Couple of funny things - VenusdeMilos - 01-14-2012

O Sorry! Im getting you now and you are right!

I can remember in my teens late 70's early 80's some of these Jamaican guys would go with white girls but it was not OK for their sisters to go with white guys, seen a few fights over that, real fisty cuff stuff and I could never get my head round that mentality. Come to think of it at alot of these parties, it was only the black brothers who were out very rarely a sister. I was out with my 3 older brothers so no boy black, white or indifferent ever came near me...hehe! My parents often didnt know I was with them, they were supposed to be looking after me...so Sis came too lol! It wasnt until mid 80's you started to see black girls out and about more. My friend who married the white guy...her family were OK with this. They ALL came to the wedding from Nigeria and Jamaica it was the liveliest celebration I have ever been to...good times Big Grin

and another good point I think is different countries, so yes different again.

Edit..bc I just remembered something and wanted to put it here. I had a huge crush on a guy who was Irish Jamaican ...so goodlooking...sigh! He had an older sister who was really beautiful and she went out with a white guy no problemo. This must have been 1979. Also it was his father who was Irish and his mother Jamaican. Very Irish surname! I remember the brother came to my house to tell me he didnt want to go out with me bc I was too young and he liked his sisters friend anyway. How embarrasing is that?