The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Back From A Quickie - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Back From A Quickie (/showthread.php?tid=40881)

Pages: 1 2

Back From A Quickie - Sophie - 01-10-2012

Only had one little week, but was very grateful even for that. Used up vacation time painting this old house.
This was trip #20 for us and it seems we came full circle. We started out our Negril travels all inclusive and we tried it again this trip. Stayed at Negril Relax and it exceeded our expectations. We got a/i cheaper than we could get a room alone at most places so we were not expecting much. The food was good in our opinion. Service was top notch/FAST. Guests allowed on property. I guess the only bad thing I can say is that due to the fact that they were fully booked you could not get away from people and there were some people alllllll up on my nerves. I refuse to generalize about certain groups of people but there must be areas in the world where sidewalks are 20 feet wide and nobody has to give way. I finally got tired of stepping off into bushes so people could walk three across and body checked some guy. Again- if the place had not been full to the rafters it would have been perfect. No fault of theirs that I am used to having a large area to myself. First time in years I have come home feeling rested- usually we are up and down and all over the place. This time we just layed around waiting for the next meal!lol NOW I gotta take off the pounds I picked upSmile

Re: Back From A Quickie - suzengrace - 01-10-2012

Am glad you came back safe and RELAXED......Painting a house is alot of work-I could see where one would a need a vacation after that...(LOL)

Re: Back From A Quickie - skyjuice - 01-10-2012

I thought it was one of the old Merrills

Re: Back From A Quickie - Sophie - 01-10-2012

Lola- Merril's 3 is split. The old Sandi Sand rooms(towards Yellow Bird) are now being leased by Negril Relax. It was so packed Merril's had leased back some rooms and some people were put at Tamboo.

Re: Back From A Quickie - BrenJaLee - 01-10-2012

I've been hearing some good things about that new place. Nice to hear the AI food there is pretty good too. Glad you had a wonderful trip. Sounds completely relaxing.

I hate when people hog a sidewalk walking side by side and don't move when there is someone coming the other direction. So rude. Now when that happens I move to one side of the walk waiting for them to switch to single file and when they don't I'll stop dead in my tracks, stare at them, not move a muscle, and just as they are about a foot away, they finally grasp a few brain cells and get the heck out of the way. Nobody has mowed me down yet. LOL

Re: Back From A Quickie - Yamangurl - 01-10-2012

Such a pleasure to meet you and the hubby Sophie! Don't worry, painting the house will help you with those lbs you are concerned about (although I don't know why - you look really great!)

Yes BJL food was good, bordering on great some days. I don't know what I was expecting but I was surprised(happily) to find mostly local choices. Curry goat and chicken, steamed veg, cabbage, porriage, yellow yam, cho-cho, jerk pork and chicken, festival, always a fish and meat choice at dinner.

I am a bit of a b##ch so maybe all the people would not get on others nervesSmileSmile~~ that sidewalk situation was enough to make me wanna cut smaddy-lol. Our last full day was when my last nerve took a beatin. Some a$$ of a guy there that ya just could not get far away enough from to not hear his blah blah blah. I would actually hear him approach people-"You speak english? You speak english?" Chair to chair trying to find somebody to listen to him. I'm out in the wata and I hear him spoutin some bullsh#t and then saying " I wrote that" and then "People tell me I look young for my age" WHAT AGE I ask myself??? 70??? Big belly mon in his damn sansabelt shorts-grrrrr. Needless to say he didn't talk to US after the first day or so. Little birdie told me he got kicked out the day we left~~HA!(Ms Daune runs a tight ship, she rocks). I had hear him one day in the office pitchin a fit about sheets feeling like sandpaper? Pack ya bags gooooo~~~~ on to the Ritz ya sansabelt wearin a$$.

Hey Yamangurl- Good to meet you also. I wasn't gonna mention it unless you did though

Re: Back From A Quickie - Jenny - 01-10-2012

Wow, sounds like a relaxing vaca all in all! But where is this "Negril Relax"??

But WHAT culture Wendy? The ancient culture of Rude Mf'in Sidewalk Hoggers? I musta missed that chapter in World History class. These people were not Jamaican(Jamaicans will give way if I hold my ground-they just testin'LOL). Imma go back and read that chapter. Their cultural traits must read- sidewalk hogging, line cutting, butting, rude and non-responsive.

Jenny- That Yamangurl is as sweet as she is pretty!