The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
A little cook shop, hidden jem! - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: A little cook shop, hidden jem! (/showthread.php?tid=40498)

A little cook shop, hidden jem! - Markospoon - 01-05-2012

If you start walking from Coral Seas Garden hotel and go away from the roundabout, there are all kinds of places to get some very good food.

If you pass Time Square, pass Cafe Goa, pass Sweet spot or Cool Spot
( I get those 2 confused) you will be approaching Colletas and then Miss Sonia's.

I was strolling, trying to figure out what to eat.
Hmmm, Collettas has never let me down.

But I saw this little all wood shop, just before Collettas with a front porch and a side indoor dining area.

A little sign was hanging that simply read "Cook Shop"

There may not even have been a name.

So, i walked over and started talking to the gent running things.
"Yeah mon, we can cook whatever you want."

I named a few things and he said, yes, sure, no problem.

I had Brown stew Chicken, Jerk Pork, fish and other J dishes the last few days.

How about Fried Chicken, I haven't had any fried chicken since I got here.

Maybe some Irish (white potatoes) would go nice with the bird.

I sat on the front porch with an older local who had been sitting there, he seemed to be part of the family.

The lady was the chef and I saw her with 3 fat white potatoes in hand heading towards the kitchen.

The Dad and the older guy sat with me and chatted for a while and then I heard it.
WHACK! WHACK! Whack!

The poor chicken was being cut-up in the kitchen.

"Hey Mon, do you like garlic in your Irish?" the lady asked me.

Garlic mashed potatoes? Man o man, shoot yeah!!

Mi love garlic in food!

I asked for a Red Stripe for me and the old gent.

We talked on the front porch and the guy told me the story about the 23/7 place and what went down etc, etc.

The lady asked me if I wanted the fried chicken chopped up like the guys do the jerk chicken.

I was so hungry I said "please, just bring it like it is"

The potatoes had a yellowish color and tasted great.

I sprinkled some of the red hot sauce and ketchup on the food and went at it.

I think I paid $800J for 2 beers and the meal.

So, check out some of the "no name" places up and down the road on the Morass side.

There are hidden gems out there.

Re: A little cook shop, hidden jem! - Rastapher - 01-05-2012

Well maybe you can fill me in in that 24/7 story........When we are alone of course.

Re: A little cook shop, hidden jem! - wit - 01-05-2012

good story Markospoon!

You're little cook shop turned well. I found a place on the North Coast like that (via Cher) but now I hear it's gone Sad

In Negril on West End road we found a place like that but not with that result LOL. Looked sketchy to me but I was with himself so we proceeded. I ask "do you have any cooked food". Yup we cook food. Roll eyes. Ok. We order. Next thing you know he's off on his motor bike going to the store to buy the food to cook. Uh huh. LOL