The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Palm reserve - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Palm reserve (/showthread.php?tid=40457)

Palm reserve - Rastapher - 01-05-2012

Anyone ever been? We are having our first guests at our house and was thinking about a quick jaunt to the reserve........so tell me about it but.......

Re: Palm reserve - VenusdeMilos - 01-05-2012

Sadly not! Each time I go to Jamaica I have every intention of visiting but never bloody get there.

It is listed in my Bible (The Rough Guide to Jamaica) as #11 in 29 Things Not To Miss.

"follow wooden boardwalks right into the heart of Jamaica's second largest wetland, where a host of rare animals, birds and plants are dwarfed by splendid stands of graceful Royal Palms"

I so want to see it!

#1 Being a Negril Sunset btw Smile

Re: Palm reserve - fatty - 01-05-2012

Ras.....has the Royal Palm Reserve re-opened???? This is a review from Trip Advisor:

"Reviewed December 13, 2011

My husband and I have been visiting Negril for over 10 years and this was our first trip to the Royal Palm Reserve. Technically the Reserve is closed due to funding issues, but we paid the security guard a couple of hundred Jamaican Dollars and he let us go in and wander around. This place is spectacular especially if you are into the flora and fauna of the Island. There are elevated wood walkways throughout the property, a watch tower you can climb and see the entire property or even bird watch. Being only a few minutes from Negril I would highly recommend a visit!"

Re: Palm reserve - rastagirl777 - 01-05-2012

I have guests in now and they'd like to go but I've heard its closed???

Can someone confirm? They are here until Tuesday...

Re: Palm reserve - suzengrace - 01-05-2012

It was interesting with beautiful "natural" surroundings and I would rec. it- but then again am a plantaholic (horticulture student) so its something I'd have to check out..I will say ,its been awhile since I visited ( 4 years ago ??).I hope its still open..

Re: Palm reserve - VenusdeMilos - 01-06-2012

The reserve land is still owned by the PCJ, which, after years of mismanagement and apathy, finally leased it in 2001 to the Negril Environmental Protection Trust (NEPT).

I quote my Bible.

The boat trip sounds rather lovely! x