The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Fresh Herbs in Negril???? - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Fresh Herbs in Negril???? (/showthread.php?tid=40358)

Fresh Herbs in Negril???? - Louis+Wahgwaan - 01-04-2012

Does anyone know where I can find fresh herbs other than thyme here in Jamaica? I've seen cilantro at the market once in the 2 months I've been here. I've got some feelers out right now and my friend Ras Rody is trying to get me in touch with his guy, but he's in New Mexico until March so it's slowing down the process. I'm heading home to Sofla for the weekend so maybe I'll bring back seeds and grow my own, we do that at our restaurant on Cape Cod anyway. Any help will be greatly appreciated.......

Re: Fresh Herbs in Negril???? - Lola - 01-04-2012

Quality Traders (green building) sometimes has Cilantro, they have parsley right now, often have Leeks, i bought some peppery country peppers there yesterday, sometimes mushrooms too.

Talk to the manager there, maybe they can hook you up with their suppliers

Re: Fresh Herbs in Negril???? - Lola - 01-04-2012

Quality Traders (green building) sometimes has Cilantro, they have parsley right now, often have Leeks, i bought some peppery country peppers there yesterday, sometimes mushrooms too.

Talk to the manager there, maybe they can hook you up with their suppliers

Re: Fresh Herbs in Negril???? - rastagirl777 - 01-04-2012

It is very hit and miss with any supermarket as far as stuff like fresh parsely, cilantro, brocolli or mushrooms - all of which Quality Trades has had on occasion. Louis, if you run a restaurant you must have a produce perveyor - ask them. Or grow your own...depending on where you live I'm pretty certain you can grow cilantro.

Need cilantro for the good JaMex!

Re: Fresh Herbs in Negril???? - bozz - 01-04-2012

i know its a bit of a drive, but close to the little london crossroads, there is a veg shop where i have bought herbs and veg i have seen no where else...i will try to get a number

Re: Fresh Herbs in Negril???? - Aja - 01-04-2012

I seem to remember JaJewel saying she had a problem growing Cilantro a while back ? But I also remember many years ago late 70s when I was staying long term at Sunrise cottages one of the cooks found out I loved and missed Mint tea .....A few weeks later there was a bag huge bag of mint outside my door he had grown it for me ...wish I could remember his name ....The mint just grew and grew like crazy ....this was all grown at the back of sunrise ....So I am thinking it all depends on the soil ?

Re: Fresh Herbs in Negril???? - rastagirl777 - 01-05-2012

Cilantro and basil can both grow here (away from the sea) but you do need to keep a close eye to harvest before they bolt.

I have tons of lemon grass/fever grass in my yard. No mint though. I should plant some mint next year.