The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Big Miami Flea Market? - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Big Miami Flea Market? (/showthread.php?tid=40306)

Big Miami Flea Market? - Island+Girl - 01-03-2012

Hi you guys,

Thought some of you would know where the biggest flea market is in Miami, that would have the most used/unusual things- NOT wanting the made-in-china tourist junk that most of them have BUT looking for things to decorate a Tiki bar- rustic regional antiques/kitsch etc. Also Scotch Bonnet Peppers at the Veg Market would be a bonus!! Also any place we could get a used surfboard- OK if broken as would be used for decor.

YES I looked online but there are about 15 flea markets (YIKES- too many!)on there AND Miami is NOT my normal turf- I am a Gulf Coaster! Could someone please point us in the right direction?

Hope you are all having a Happy New Year!!

IRIE! *IG

Re: Big Miami Flea Market? - Tammy - 01-03-2012

I don't have a clue but just had to say I sure wish I could go with you in search of it. LOL Sounds like a wonderful trip to me. Hopefully someone come by with the info. soon. Have a great time!!!! Happy New Year IG !!

Re: Big Miami Flea Market? - Island+Girl - 01-04-2012

A Joyous and Peaceful New Year to you Tammy and to all the Boardies!

I was just thinking, since there are Jamericans here that have to go back to the US every so often to keep their Visa that they might spend time in Florida and know where the good stuff is at the flea markets. It's going to be a fun day trip for us; I love the energy of the Gold Coast, or at least help me figure out which of the 15 or so I've found online are worth going to... We will be thinking of you Tammy!

Re: Big Miami Flea Market? - Louis+Wahgwaan - 01-04-2012

Jajewel is right, I usually spend the winter in Ft. Lauderdale and the Swap Shop on Sunrise Blvd and 31 ave(Martin Luther King Blvd) is about the biggest. Take I95 to sunrise blvd and head west for about a mile or 2........you can't miss it

Re: Big Miami Flea Market? - Island+Girl - 01-05-2012

Thanks everyone, I will look up Sunrise in Ft Lauderdale- that is a bit easier to get around in than Miami anyway. IRIE! *IG

Re: Big Miami Flea Market? - skyjuice - 01-05-2012

If you are looking for a particular item like a surf board I would check Craigslist.

Re: Big Miami Flea Market? - Island+Girl - 01-08-2012

We went and had a blast! Parts of it really reminded me of Jamaica- the small shops, the produce, the smells, the music- AAHH! If you want Jamaican souveniers, that is the place to go- save the plane fare, LOL. Not much for Tiki Bar decor but everything else was fun to see.

Didn't score any scotch bonnets, but they did their best to pawn off the habaneros on me- no sale, LOL. BUT I did get an OMG huge (9#) Jamaican PUMPKIN! SO-PUMPKIN SOUP on the menu this week! Thanks everyone who replied to this thread. IRIE! *IG