The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Port Antonio Photos #2 - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Port Antonio Photos #2 (/showthread.php?tid=40266)

Pages: 1 2

Port Antonio Photos #2 - Sprat - 01-03-2012

I thought it would be best to start a new thread to finish up some of our adventures in PA.

We were up bright and early in the morning to head out, and I didn't want to miss the Folly Point ruins and the Marina...

Bayview villas was nice...but pricey, as I think much of PA is...

We had a room up by the restaurant pool area and the balcony looked out over the cliff into the jungle, wooded area. We did have a junior suite, with kitchen but wasn't necessary for 2 days.

The long walk to the office....

Trident Castle was just around a few corners from where we stayed...

Shots from around the park area we entered to go to the ruins...
(Can't remember the name of the park... )

Now up the hill to the ruins...

Re: Port Antonio Photos #2 - Sprat - 01-03-2012

We passed by a little bar/food shack, and I think a lot of the locals frequent this area during work which is just up the road.

We turned up the hill and found lots of goats....and it wasn't long before a young school boy on a bicycle found us...

He immediately asked for lunch money, just as we were getting out of the car.

We chatted a bit, and I guessed he was 14....and I asked him if he was good to his mother. He smiled and said...'yes mam... I swear...I love my momma....' Do you work hard in school...'Yes mam..I do"...

We walked around the front of the ruins which is surrounded by a chain link fence. The young man followed us...

Hubby did not want to go inside....until the young boy said, " You can go in here".....From above a man said, " Come on in...you don't have to be afraid". I knew we could go in...just had to get past the goats. Many photographers have done videos here, and model photo shoots, so I thought we are here....we have to!

We climbed in the wire hole in the fence past all the goats and their droppings....lol ewwww

A view from the back of the house....

Re: Port Antonio Photos #2 - suzengrace - 01-03-2012

Another vote for Ivanhoes-walking distance to downtown-marina-excellent views and cant beat it at $40 a nite..

Thanks Sprat for sharing more of your fotos-love the folly ruins...

Re: Port Antonio Photos #2 - rootswoman - 01-03-2012

Wow!
I love the 2nd part Sprat!
soooooo pretty!

i couldnt figure out what was odd about that yute-
then it hit me
his eyebrows are shaped a lot better than mine!

thanks for sharing again!

Re: Port Antonio Photos #2 - oldtimer - 01-03-2012

Sprat !!!!! WOW !!!!!!

Re: Port Antonio Photos #2 - skyjuice - 01-03-2012

beautiful as always Sprat Smile the ruins were in the movie "The Mighty Quinn" too.

Re: Port Antonio Photos #2 - oldtimer - 01-04-2012

Sprat....you set the bar very high.You and yamagurl....hard acts to follow !!!!

Re: Port Antonio Photos #2 - wit - 01-04-2012

superb Sprat! much thanks Smile

Re: Port Antonio Photos #2 - VenusdeMilos - 01-04-2012

Super! Absolutely Super and the little narrative is just enough...your photos really dont need much talking!

Thank you! x x

Re: Port Antonio Photos #2 - Markospoon - 01-04-2012

Great Photos Sprat,

Question, does that youth on the bike have his eyebrows arched?

Looks weird.

That would be the first time I ever saw a "male in Jamaica" with eyebrows done up like that. LOL

Again, thanks for the adventure you took us on with your camera.