The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Port Antonio Photos... - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Port Antonio Photos... (/showthread.php?tid=40020)

Pages: 1 2

Port Antonio Photos... - Sprat - 12-31-2011

Waking in PA was wonderful, but this first view was beyond gorgeous....

Only to imagine what more beauty lies ahead....

Re: Port Antonio Photos... - Sprat - 12-31-2011

We decided to head down to Long Bay Beach first....and work our way back....

Arriving in the morning ...we were on our own...not a soul in sight....

Constrasts from one end of the beach to the other....

Re: Port Antonio Photos... - Sprat - 01-01-2012

We loved the solitutude of Long Bay beach, but we headed down the road to grab and drink and check out the vendors..

Met up with some nice vendors....easy going ....

Great beads to sell....but I wasn't in the market for a necklace so we bought what he had in his hand for a couple of J$

Long Bay Beach in the morning was beautiful, but we forgot to get money...lol, so we head back towards town to hit the ATM. The proximatey of all the beaches is so close, so the drive is no problem....

Back to our room to regroup....then lunch at Frenchmans Cove....

Re: Port Antonio Photos... - suzengrace - 01-01-2012

As I expected..your fotos have captured the beauty in that area...I saw them on da other board and glad your posting others here as well..Postcard quality no doubt...So now that your mobile..does that mean we get a photo retrospect on the rest of da island in da future ??? I so hope so..I cant imagine all the other hidden and not-so-hidden places that your talents could capture...and show the rest of the world the other Jamaica beyond just Negril,Ochi,MbJ, etc, etc...

My hats off to you again Sprat and glad to see your back here on da yellow board sharing your experiences and incredible talents...I hope more to come...

Pineapple....we stayed at Bayview Villas. It was a great location for getting around.

@ Jeannie...they are all close by each other, the ones you mentioned by Long Bay would definitely be too far to walk too.

@ Suzengrace...thank you for you lovely comments, I wanted to share the photos for others who are thinking about venturing to that end of the island. We loved it !

Bayview Villas was a good choice, and it included breakfast.

This is the view from the restaurant and pool area....

You are welcome Debra! All the best to you as well.

We decided on Frenchman's Cove for lunch...and it was beautiful there. The seas had been high since we arrived, but it was still just as lovely....

When we arrived, we ordered our lunch at the restaurant and our lounge chairs and drinks were brought to us....

We had barbecued chicken with fries....

And a battered fish with rice, peas and salad...

The food was delicious... Smile

You are welcome Cher... Smile It would be nice to now go to Kingston and around the island.

Caught these couple of European bathing beauties....They were posing for a friend...

After lunch I walked over to the other side of the beach where the river feed into the sea. The water was a gorgeous aqua green colour and felt like a wading pool...cool and refreshing. I saw a couple by the swing, playing in the water and I chatted with them for a bit. I learned that they had traveled from Sweden for their first time....got a car and were traveling the island How adventurous they were and actually a very good looking young couple.

A few more pics before we head off to the Blue Lagoon...

We drive up the road, and you probably don't realize how close in proximaty everything is. Just a stone's throw from our hotel are all these beautiful places to discover. As we enter the Blue Lagoon area, we hear that there was a storm that mashed up a lot of this area. We drive down the narrow road...the back of all the expensive villas on the left and enter the lagoon area itself.

At the top of the road was a raftsman who wanted our business. $6,000 J for a likkle ride up the waterfront to see the villas...but we were not biting. As I had mentioned the waves were up and a boat had captsized up the way, and the boat patrol police were there to help out.