The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
New Year's Eve fireworks in Negril?? - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: New Year's Eve fireworks in Negril?? (/showthread.php?tid=39917)

New Year's Eve fireworks in Negril?? - Yamangurl - 12-30-2011

Year's Eve fireworks - is Alfred's doing it this year? I know owner at Seawind will have some fireworks and a Canadian rock/blues band and their buffet (FB friend told me)
Any other beach goings on worth posting about?

Re: New Year's Eve fireworks in Negril?? - wendy - 12-30-2011

I had read on a FB page asking for donations to keep the fireworks going...Damion mentioned that they will be paying (don't quote me on this)U.S $3,000 ???? with the total cost being aprrox. $6000 U.S ???
so guess it all depends IF they've recieved any donations...

Re: New Year's Eve fireworks in Negril?? - rastagirl777 - 12-31-2011

No fireworks at Alfreds - they will be setting off those paper lanterns.

Not sure about the Caves but I think the same.

Rockhouse is doing a small fireworks thing as I found out last night.

Re: New Year's Eve fireworks in Negril?? - Jenny - 12-31-2011

One year I remember Mom & I watched The Caves' fireworks from LTU... Hoping that you find some to look at, Yamangurl!!

Re: New Year's Eve fireworks in Negril?? - Yamangurl - 12-31-2011

Well the barge is positioned off the shore from Alfred's....we shall see soon enough!
Happy new year!!

Re: New Year's Eve fireworks in Negril?? - mickey - 12-31-2011

i'll be hearing fireworks around my house tonight.....no, wait! those will be gunshots! layin' low!

Re: New Year's Eve fireworks in Negril?? - rastagirl777 - 01-02-2012

"Well the barge is positioned off the shore from Alfred's....we shall see soon enough! Happy new year!! "

YES- its been there all month.

NO. They will not/did not do fireworks as I mentioned in my first post. That wasn't a guess. That was a fact I was told from some of the folks at Alfreds.

YES. They are that expensive and YES there is no community support to help bear the cost. From what I was told that barge was going to be used for lantern launching. If you are here you know that there were no fireworks on the beach. I understand plans are underway for maybe something or another next year but it all comes down to money, insurance and support from the Chamber and the rest of the community.

No fireworks at the Caves this year either and I did not see any from my vantage point at LTU, which means none at Ricks either. A few years back both Ricks and Caves did a fireworks show and it was quite spectacular. This year the Caves set off those lanterns and while its not exploding stuff in the sky, it was most certainly beautiful!

The best light show on New Years for me is star gazing, watching the Southern Cross rise and then the sunrise on the New Year.