The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
What I've Been Up To... - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: What I've Been Up To... (/showthread.php?tid=39069)

What I've Been Up To... - rastagirl777 - 12-21-2011

I've been here a month today! So...what have I been doing....

Let's see - been to Canoe several times - twice for the steel drums - nice.
Been to Half Moon for our Sunday family outings every Sunday I've been here. Last Sunday we took a bit of a hike/walk around the property and found a bounty of conch shells and urchin shells. Some neat scenery too.
Rented a motorcycle for five days around the hub's birthday - went to Blue Hole, South Coast for Pepper Shrimp, YS Falls (my first time there believe it or not!)
My friend came in for a week - can't quite remember what we did with him but on his birthday we went to Seastar. The new work on the place is really nice, much easier to move around. The show was good - my buddy danced with the dancers! Its a little spendy for me to do that every weekend and can lean towards the "touristy" side but it is a good time all in all.
LTU Pull Up Fridays has been a regular outing for us. Not too crazy about the music they play but the crowd is always fun - great people watching and its a good bet I'll see just about everyone I know there on any given Friday!
Last night was the first night of Hannukah. We cooked up a bunch of potato pancakes (latkes) - I made some "nice" string beans, calalloo, calalloo dip and homemade apples sauce. Had about 15 people over including our friend with her three year old twins and our 13 and 16 year old neighbors. Good time, good food - LOTS of leftovers (latkes for days and days and days)
This morning we are heading to the farmer's market and this evening to Jimmy Jackson's wake.
Meantime, I've read three books - almost done with my fourth. Have spent a bit of time getting early morning sun, gone in the sea from my house twice with my groovy swim belt and even logged in some laps in our pool in the yard. (Need to log a few more in before New Years)
So, that's my little up to date trip report. More to come!

Re: What I've Been Up To... - macyoder - 12-21-2011

Wow, a month already. In time I will be one of the lucky ones who can pack-up and leave home for awhile to some exotic destination.

Enjoy

Re: What I've Been Up To... - BrenJaLee - 12-21-2011

Thanks for the update. Sounds like you're having a great time. Sorry I missed you again. I heard we were both at Canoe the same night but I didn't find out until later. Sad

Re: What I've Been Up To... - rastagirl777 - 12-21-2011

Calalloo Dip:

1 bag chopped Calalloo
1 pint of sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 8oz thing of cream cheese
All purpose seasoning
Celery Salt/Powder
Black Pepper
Chopped medium sized red onion (or yellow onion, 1 medium)

Cook up the calalloo - do not add salt or carrot or any seasoning. Let cool completely.

Blend the cream cheese, mayo and sour cream until smooth. Add all purpose seasoning, celery powder and black pepper. Taste. The seasoning should be strongish. If necessary add salt (the all purpose seasoning I use has salt in it.) Mix in chopped onion.

Fold in cooked calalloo. Taste and adjust seasoning. Let sit in fridge for anywhere from 2 hours to overnight for flavors to "marry". Serve with crudites, crackers or chips. Or on top of latkes Smile

Re: What I've Been Up To... - wit - 12-21-2011

cool RG. Thanks for reporting in lol. Glad you are enjoying! Happy Hannakah (sp?) and a Happy Festivus as well Smile

Re: What I've Been Up To... - Yvonne - 12-21-2011

You are truly in the Negril groove. It sounds like a great time. Thank you for sharing.

When does Canoe have the steel drums? I'm trying to write things in my calendar for my Feb trip. Yes, the crab races are penciled in as are Mondays at Coral Seas Garden. The steel drums sound like a must do. Patty & Kirby are great hosts. Now all I'll have to do is stay awake!

Re: What I've Been Up To... - rootswoman - 12-22-2011

Thanks for checking in - it sounds like a lovey and relaxing stay.