The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Older couple I know just got back from Jamaica - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Older couple I know just got back from Jamaica (/showthread.php?tid=38770)

Older couple I know just got back from Jamaica - jeannieb - 12-17-2011

There's this sweet older couple (70's I'd guess) that I know and they just returned from Jamaica. She's from Germany and he's a hippy. They are a very cool old couple, very eccentric. They booked through our local travel agent and stayed at Sandals White House. They loved their time there and she loved the gardens and landscaping. She told me how she spent her mornings just wandering around the grounds looking at the flowers and birds.

She told me she didn't like that the travel agent had made Jamaica sound like a bad place. Her words were "the travel lady made it sound much much worse than it was". They did not like the group tours but liked getting out of the walls of the resort. They also liked the food they had along the roadside. She said almost everyone they met was so kind to them. She really liked the people. He told me he enjoyed seeing how people lived with much less than us and seemed to be happier than most of us. She told me she thinks the warm weather makes their hearts warm.

Our town is small, they heard through the grapevine that we've been to Jamaica several times. She asked me where I would suggest they go next. They want to rent a house/villa on the beach, safe area where they can venture out on their own, has to be on the beach. I think Treasure Beach would be a good option for them but I am worried about the long drive for them, but Whitehouse was a long drive too. I will also suggest Cher's place in Duncans Bay to them. I've not been there yet but I'm sure I'll love it and I think they will too.

Re: Older couple I know just got back from Jamaica - jajewel - 12-17-2011

I think they would love it at Jamaica Jewel, Jeannie....only 45 min. from the airport, all on smooth hwy.....just a few minutes walk to the unspoiled beach....plenty of flowers & lots of hummingbirds in the yard.....whatever they like to eat, we will prepare for them,,,,lots of nice "real" folks around here too...

Re: Older couple I know just got back from Jamaica - R00TS - 12-18-2011

dont wait! tell em now! lol

What a perfect match! They will be very safe and so much around there for them to do. Cranbrook for one

Re: Older couple I know just got back from Jamaica - R00TS - 12-18-2011

wouldnt it be perfect JJ?

Hope your good and have a great holiday xo