The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
How'd the Yellowman concert go..... - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: How'd the Yellowman concert go..... (/showthread.php?tid=38759)

Pages: 1 2

How'd the Yellowman concert go..... - wendy - 12-17-2011

at Bourbon, anyone know ?

Re: How'd the Yellowman concert go..... - jamaicajane - 12-17-2011

hey wendy! i didnt go but yellowman never showed.

Re: How'd the Yellowman concert go..... - oldtimer - 12-17-2011

I wonder if that was a no show or a no pay.Both things possible.

Re: How'd the Yellowman concert go..... - suzengrace - 12-17-2011

Typical........

Re: How'd the Yellowman concert go..... - Tim - 12-17-2011

Makes me wonder sometimes if the advertised act was even booked. My first time in Negril we paid to see the Mighty Diamonds. There were the usual lesser known opening acts but that was it. But you never saw any money being refunded.
Another reason to support the Negril Escape shows, wherever they are being held.

Re: How'd the Yellowman concert go..... - oldtimer - 12-18-2011

is he a yankee or canuck !!!!

Re: How'd the Yellowman concert go..... - DAWN - 12-27-2011

I see that Boombastic is the "new owner of Sea Splash."

Re: How'd the Yellowman concert go..... - rastagirl777 - 12-27-2011

"also that he was shipping in Harleys. Is he? Did he? "
Unless he knows some high people in places...and even then...ain't gonna happen. No bikes large than 600cc allowed on the island. Period. And I'm here and have not seen one Harley motoring about...and that's not exactly something you'd miss.

As far as no shows for talent "booked" - its the oldest story in the book here. For years if we were going to a show we'd wait outside until we knew the headliner was AT the venue - then we'd pay to go in. There's all kinds of reasons why...I went to one show that was chock full of "name" acts and advertised that Toots was headlining. Well, backstage I did see Toots but when the time came the announcer came on and said "due to matters beyond our control Toots and the Maytals will not be performing tonight". In that particular case, while I was dissapointed, I had my money's worth of show with Beres Hammond and Marcia Griffiths.

I've seen Gregory Isaacs perform many times and in many venues in Negril but the last few years of his life he had a reputation for being a no-show and booked gigs.

I always knew anything booked at the Jungle or Negril Escape was a confirmed and for sure show. That's because management would not announce until a contract was signed.

Re: How'd the Yellowman concert go..... - rastagirl777 - 12-27-2011

"and it looks as though nothing is happening this winter, ??? "

Definitely nothing will be happening at Negril Escape and as of right now, nothing scheduled at the Jungle.

Re: How'd the Yellowman concert go..... - oldtimer - 12-28-2011

Why are there no concerts?