The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
How does the season progress in Jan-Feb? - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: How does the season progress in Jan-Feb? (/showthread.php?tid=38595)

How does the season progress in Jan-Feb? - JASpirit - 12-15-2011

Here's what I have gathered from just reading what has been on the internet:

After New Years, the first week of January in Negril - is a quiet week and it isn't until the week after that (the second week in Jan) that it starts getting busier. I have been told it gets busier each week,
until Feb where it is peaking- the first two weeks in Feb being the highest of the high season, with the second week in February being the peak. The occupancy rate drops, I have been told , down to 70 percent the third week in Feb-, and then drops again in March.

Can any Negril- pro's verify this info or correct what's off? Just trying to understand the first two months of the year. Thanks-

Re: How does the season progress in Jan-Feb? - jajewel - 12-15-2011

What you are stating is not definately true, in my experience anyway....Yes, the first week after the holidays in Jan. tends to be slow, AND Feb. is probably the most sought after month to book, but not only the first two weeks...all of it....and all of March too...even going into April...at least that's the way my bookings usually go (in Duncans Bay) May & June are when things get REALLY slow. Last year we had an extremely slow May, June, July, Aug, Sept & Oct.....I think the US economy definately took a real toll on Ja. tourism this year, although our next year high season bookings are looking good.

Re: How does the season progress in Jan-Feb? - oldtimer - 12-15-2011

JJ...I hope you will be full "right to the boards" !!!!!

Re: How does the season progress in Jan-Feb? - rastagirl777 - 12-16-2011

You got it pretty down. Season officially starts this Friday...after Thanksgiving it kinda dropped dead here and its still been a little slow...the week between Christmas and Thanksgiving gets hectic busy usually and most biz owners here I know are happy about their bookings with a feeling that it will be a good season.

After New Years when the kids go back to school things slow down some. In my experience it seems slower up until the least weekend of January when right through when I leave in Feburary its frenetic busy! I hardly go downtown during that time preferring to stay close to my little neighborhood on the west end.

Re: How does the season progress in Jan-Feb? - JASpirit - 12-16-2011

rasta girl, you say its frenetic busy in Feb, which part of feb is that?

Re: How does the season progress in Jan-Feb? - JASpirit - 12-18-2011

thanks so much for the answers-