The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Part Two, Medi's Trip Journal - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Part Two, Medi's Trip Journal (/showthread.php?tid=38139)

Pages: 1 2

Part Two, Medi's Trip Journal - medi - 12-11-2011

JOURNAL ADDITION MADE 11DEC11 TO THE REPORT:

It's morning of the 20th and I'm debating where to go today - Palms, Treehouse, Fun Holiday, Travellers - nt in a modd for cliffs today - really feel like hitting the beach. Might even check out Cotton Tree today or tomorrow. okay, scratch Treehouse/Palms. I think I'm heading back to Fun Holiday or Travellers. Both have hot tubs I plan on using after sunset - Travellers has karoake tonight - okay, so Travellers it is.

comment not from journal but upon reflection: This was my daily thing..wake up and figure out where to go for the day..that was my big decision of the day and it sometimes took only a few minute, other times when was a little stressed (though processes were along the lines of I better make this worth it I only have so many days to enjoy, which sometimes put the pressure on me to the point it took me longer to decide because of it..my mind can be a very dark and scary place, which is why I'm usually out of it most of the time, lol! Wink

JOURNAL:

This week on my agenda is a snorkeling trip and a trip to check out the lighthouse - and will make it back to Xtabi, this time in daytime - and also of course on the agenda - reading, swimmming, and spending hours IN DA WATA!

I need to take a shower before I go because my hair is getting a bit tangled - jionts, shower, head out to Travellers. - don't remember if they do ackee and saltfish or not, might pop over to Shields to see if they do because I can't even stand the though of eggs for breakfast - just not the same - going to miss ackee and saltfish when I get back home, that's for sure!

I decided on Travellers. They have a buffet breakfast but I'm going with the ackee and saltfish, of course! This is what I saved my appetite for instead of eating cold pizza for breakfast, something I was really tempted to do after I smoked like 3 spliffs in my room this morning, lol.

It's hot and sunny and there are a lot of people already swimming and I can't wait to join them after breakfast. I love just sitting here listening to the waves breaking. I would light a cig, but there are too many people sitting around me and I don't want to bug them. I already have the area by the sandbags scoped out for where I want to put the recling chair - I will be on in when not in the sea.

The fruit lady just went by. I was tempted to get an avocado from here (they are called pears in Jamaica), but decided not to since the last one went to waste. Before I buy another need to order a meal at Summerset, settle up what I owe them, leave a tipe, and THEN ask them for a knife, fork, spoon, and plate.

Just got done spending the day floating and swimming in the wata. The healing crystal clear watas of Negril. Swam from Travellers all the way up to Boubon Beach one direction and a little past Sunset on the Beach in the other direction. Watched some people with these huge kites and they were surfing the waves with them - what do you call that - wakeboarding? Anyway, looks like it would be fun - so here I am in my shorts and Obama shirt, listening to a reggaefied country song and loving it - All the Gold in California.

I ordered the fish and will be singing karoake tonight - going to do "Me and Bobby McGee" here in Negril - hoping I can kill it and channel Janis, and just hope I do it justice. And of course it has to be fish tonight...it's fish most of the time..the fish is caught right here so it's always fresh...only do chicken once in a while..

I'm still thinking of Suzengrace, if that's who was here at Pilot's last night - I feel I should have gone over and sat next to her and done more than said hi - I don't have many regrets this trip, but that's one of them.

Oh yeah, when I had ordered breakfast here today, some kids walked by begging for money - I had my breakfast arrive but couldn't take a bite because was waiting for my change from a 1000J so I could give them a couple hundred J - no way could I eat in front of kids who said they were hungry, even from a distance or whatever - and I also bought a conch shell I didn't need - I'm sorry, anyone mentioned they are hungry in my presence will have money while I still have it in my pocket to give - or if circumstances are right, will get the food myself. And what pisses me off just thinking about it is people telling me what the fuck to do with my money, like I shouldn't give to people who need it because "it encourages them".

On the other hand - I get tired of feeling obligated too. This guy named Winston was sitting at my table where I sate between karoake songs and kept trying to say he wanted to "have a likkle talk with you" all day and then got mad when I took off without telling him like I owed him anything. Hell, he made me very uncomfortable and I regret giving him my number earlier in the day..what was I thinking??? He is "assuming" a lot and that's all I feel like writing right now besides the fact that there is a fire somewhere nearby and even with the ac on the smoke is bugging me.

comment not from journal but upon reflection: Yes, they were burning some debris or something, and it was only then when wheezing a bit that I realized I had left my inhalor at home! I already knew that of all my meds I have to take, for some ungodly reason had also accidentally forgotten my singlulair tablets I take every day, so I was really kicking myself. Finally decided to take a looooong hot shower and the steam from it helped clear me up..plus I drank a lot of pepsi, and the caffeine helped too, so it was all good.

JOURNAL: I sang "Me and Bobby McGee" and Five for Fightings "Superman", "Love Can Build a Bridge", "Sister Golden Hair", and Amy Winehouse's "Rehab". I had a lot of fun too, except for Winston who sat there just staring at me. These two Jamaican girlfs sat down at the same table and one of the girlfs asked me to buy her a drink so I said okay and gave her 300J just for the hell of it then they were heading down to Alfred's but one of the girlfs called a friend and were were in front of Travellers when Winston came up all mad at me for leaving without telling him and then he and the girls had words and he tried to get into the car of the driver they had called with me but I told him he wasn't coming home with me and he said he was just going into town but the driver and him had words and then he got out but he heard me tell the driver Summerset Village so now he knows where I stay and I hope he doesn't ever come here. He even called after I got to the room asking why I "do that to me". Oh brother.

There is karoake tomorrow night at Seawind but Winston knows about it and i really don't want to see him or have to deal with him anymore - hell, a part of me doesn't even want to go to Travellers anymore too, and I really like hanging there. Fuckit, he's not going to "chase" me away like that.

A part of me, a BIG part of me, is tempted to take Bobo to Seawind tomorrow, and I would except I just have the word of what Seawind is like from that old white guy named Bill I was talking to today along with Winston..we were all hanging out and sometimes talking on the beach today. Hell, I might just do it anyway.

Oh yeah, and I am not 100% sure because the days are running together into one another, but I THINK I'm in the middle - day thirteen, with thirteen days to go. I haven't been spending nearly as much time on the cliffs as you would think being right off them, but have just been drawn to the beach.

Tomorrow I plan on going to the post office to mail off the postcards and then maybe checking out Cotton Tree for a future stay maybe. I would also want to see Bobo tomorrow sometime too - not sure where I really want to hang tomorrow - also need to get more spray sunscreen because I ran out of my second bottle!

Been watching "what women want" on tv from the beginning - Mel Gibson is the hottest racist I know of.

Re: Part Two, Medi's Trip Journal - medi - 12-11-2011

the area in the bottom right corner where you see the sandbags is where I put my recliner. Smile

towards the bottom of this pic you can see the net Winston was working on during the day off and on..

and appearances are deceiving..this fish was awful and couldn't finish it and didn't even bother to take with me..although I prolly should have to feed to the dogs..there were a couple around Summerset that really got to liking me, lol.

Re: Part Two, Medi's Trip Journal - Lola - 12-11-2011

~ medi ~ wrote:

'I get tired of feeling obligated too. This guy named Winston was sitting at my table where I sate between karoake songs and kept trying to say he wanted to "have a likkle talk with you" all day'

That's where the simple "No" would have been effective... Smile

Re: Part Two, Medi's Trip Journal - macyoder - 12-12-2011

Medi your pics are amazing and leave me so conflicted. I would like to see so much more of Jamaica but know I have to move it down on my 'places to visit" list.

wake up and figure out where to go for the day

One day I hope to take a trip where I do this:-) The men in Negril kept saying to me Sweet Dawta I have all the energy for you. I though they wanted to help me move something, NOT:-). They are a different breed from others I know on the island.

Thank you for the report and pics!

Re: Part Two, Medi's Trip Journal - Angel - 12-12-2011

Lovin the report Medi and pics

Re: Part Two, Medi's Trip Journal - rootswoman - 12-12-2011

"LOVE"

Re: Part Two, Medi's Trip Journal - gerryg123 - 12-12-2011

Awesome report Medi. You're doing a GREAT job!

Re: Part Two, Medi's Trip Journal - rastagirl777 - 12-12-2011

I'm really enjoying your report Med - so honest and sweet!

Re: Part Two, Medi's Trip Journal - skyjuice - 12-12-2011

Hey Medi, I just got back myself. I think I was going as you were leaving.
This is like a Negril novella Smile I think you need a faux wedding band not that it would stop them but maybe slow them down.

It's kite boarding that they are doing. Very popular where I am from near lake Michigan.

Re: Part Two, Medi's Trip Journal - VenusdeMilos - 12-13-2011

You make me smile...Big Grin

I didnt know the word "nebbish" so I looked it up :~ ' a pitifully ineffectual, luckless, and timid person'. ~ I think you were spot on!

What is a Fish Finer?

Dock of the Bay ~ class! <3

Cheesey Tourist ~ most of us are, just dont like to admitt it.

Enjoy singing and dancing ~ Excellent...me too! x x