The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Woo-hoo! I made jerk tofu... - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Woo-hoo! I made jerk tofu... (/showthread.php?tid=38137)

Woo-hoo! I made jerk tofu... - Yvonne - 12-11-2011

Hey, that rhymes. I didn't plan that. OK... Yvonne DOES NOT cook, bake, spend lots of time in the kitchen. Steam veggies, salads, wraps, Kashi or Amy's frozen dinners, Morningstar veggie burgers... you get the picture. I was Susie Homemaker years ago but moved away from that about the time I moved to FL. My time & energy has been directed elsewhere for a long time.

That said... I got motivated to use some jerk sauce I had on hand. Hadn't had anything tofu for a while. So... I read up on how to prepare the tofu & kind of played it by ear from there. Squished the tofu, marinated it for almost a full day, then baked & broiled it (just briefly... was getting tired of waiting - LOL), baked it some more. OMG... it's delicious. Of course, I have no idea what jerk is supposed to taste like since I've never had any. I plan to use it in wraps & whatever other way comes to mind. For now I'm grabbing a piece here & there. At this rate, I may not have to come up w/ any other ways to eat it. I don't think it'll last long.

Re: Woo-hoo! I made jerk tofu... - jajewel - 12-11-2011

I have no idea what jerk is supposed to taste like since I've never had any

I cannot believe that Yvonne....all those years you've been going to Negril & you've never tried jerk???? Are you a vegetarian?...that would be your only excuse..lol

I've made jerk tofu too, but somehow I think it would be nicer with tempeh...never tried it though....can't find any tempeh here

Re: Woo-hoo! I made jerk tofu... - rootswoman - 12-12-2011

I love curry tofu -

Wendy - after years of only eating the sides at the holidays I finally started buying the pre -made pre -stuffed tofurkeys. They are really tasty and a nice treat for vegetarians. I bet if you found one of those your relatives would be tickled pink. The gravey needs some doctoring but the stuffing and tofu part are really good. They are typically only available during the holidays so you may need to call around to find one.

Re: Woo-hoo! I made jerk tofu... - rastagirl777 - 12-12-2011

Tofu is one of those great ingredients that picks up the flavor of whatever it is cooked with - so jerk is perfect!