The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Lovin' the straightforward NO - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Lovin' the straightforward NO (/showthread.php?tid=38010)

Pages: 1 2

Lovin' the straightforward NO - Lola - 12-10-2011

I used to be a No thanks, No but etc. responder but have been using the plain ol' NO and its so much better, lol.

Wait, I want to talk to you NO
Taxi? NO
Miss will you buy.... NO
Can I/do you want .... NO

The straight NO creates a better (positive vibes) dynamic than I ever would have thought.

THANK YOU for the lesson!

Re: Lovin' the straightforward NO - jitterbug - 12-10-2011

i've always just said "no" . . . i don't get asked to buy anything for a few years now . . .i believe that the vendors have a really good memeory for us ppl that don't buy . . .

Re: Lovin' the straightforward NO - Sophie - 12-10-2011

I love the flat out NO also. I really hate it when I allow myself to be baited into an exchange though----it's my own damn fault fault when it happens.

Re: Lovin' the straightforward NO - rastagirl777 - 12-10-2011

Been doing this a loooooong time and it still comes out no thanks - and that always works for me.

Been here almost 3 weeks and I'm not bothered at all. The first few days I'm clear and look like new meat. Now I'm part of the furniture, lol.

Re: Lovin' the straightforward NO - suzengrace - 12-10-2011

I dont need to waste words..so yes-the NO is best... and why should I add the "Thank you" if I really dont have anything to thank them about ..Sometime I dont even say no..just shake my head back and forth..It all depends on who is doing the asking and for what..

Re: Lovin' the straightforward NO - Sundowner - 12-10-2011

The head-shake/quick-wave & keep on walking method works for me. Sometimes accompanied by a smile; sometimes not - depends on my mood and the way I'm approached.

Re: Lovin' the straightforward NO - jabailey - 12-10-2011

A couple of years ago the Coopies and us were doing a cut through to the west end when this child about 10 or so asked us for money because she was so hungry for "sweeties". As in the past I said, "Does your mom know you are asking strangers for money"? (as generally the kids would run off in fear of their parents chastising them), but this gal said "Yes, my mom told me to beg you". It's a changing upbringing some of the kids are getting. Sad, for sure.

Re: Lovin' the straightforward NO - macyoder - 12-10-2011

why should I add the "Thank you" if I really dont have anything to thank them about

I have said this a million times to the experts who tell others to say No thanks. Anything after the word NO can change the meaning. If you mean NO, where does the thanks come in, which is affirmative? I have selective hearing so chances are you say No THANKS but I hear THANKS. I don't care for someone telling me NO then have the nerve to thank me, so I ignore the NO part...lol!

BTW...the no thanks is a private joke among many Jamaicans like myself. Why are they thanking me after NO?????

Re: Lovin' the straightforward NO - wit - 12-11-2011

Medi....you got a Karl Ricketts painting? Way to go girl!! That's awesome !!!!!!!!

Re: Lovin' the straightforward NO - wit - 12-11-2011

Love the painting Medi. Congrats again!!! And thanks for the picture Smile