The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Shipping to Jamaica - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Shipping to Jamaica (/showthread.php?tid=37987)

Shipping to Jamaica - LA+2 JA - 12-09-2011

Hi. I found your site by poking around on google. I'm a regular American girl living in Los Angeles, CA. I take care of two special ladies in Jamaica who have been through a lot. This Christmas, I'm trying to send a smallish package of clothes, shoes, and toys down to the littlest one who, despite seeing more heartbreaking hardship than any American can imagine, is blossoming into a little genius.

I'm looking for a cheap option. Last year, I used the Post Office which wasn't outrageously price, but the package was lost for two weeks, ransacked in Kingston and they charged more that I paid for the items in duties and customs. I'm not a millionaire so the less I spend on shipping, the more I can spend for things they can use.

If you have ideas for me, please send me a message. If you or someone you know is going to Montego Bay and would be willing to take a package, I can meet you at the airport and pay the extra fee and someone could meet you on the other end in Jamaica.

I'm sane and normal and can let you look through the package to make sure it's all proper and nothing is wrong. The lady who would be meeting you is a regular, good hearted Jamaican girl herself.

Thanks so much and Merry Christmas.

Re: Shipping to Jamaica - Likkle+Red - 12-10-2011

best to send it with someone who is going to Jamaica as the duty will behigh for shipping. I hope you find someone to take the items for you. Bless you and Merry Christmas!

Re: Shipping to Jamaica - Yamangurl - 12-11-2011

LA-2-JA- Would you be willing to post your email here so I can contact you?

Re: Shipping to Jamaica - Angel - 12-12-2011

LA 2 JA would have someone carry for you or do it yourself. I agree that sending something then the receipent has to pay to get it is not right. Also the P.O. Will not insure package to Jamaica. Let alone how long it takes to get there if it even makes it. Been along time since I've used the post office. Not worth it. Hope that someone will help you out.

Re: Shipping to Jamaica - macyoder - 12-12-2011

It's shameful how much we waste and take for granted in the US.

So true especially when there are so much poverty and need, just more hidden. If the gifts can't make it to Jamaica please consider the local schools, kids, and shelter. In my school district pads are kept locked up, in some schools, because the girls who can't afford them steal them for that time of month. California has butchered the school budget leaving teachers and especially students in dire need. Due to furloughs, schools end June 1st in our district, more kids without a hot breakfast or supervision.

A land of plenty where too many go without!

Re: Shipping to Jamaica - wit - 12-12-2011

Macy, Macy, Macy...smh. Question for you my dear...does your family that immigrated to Canada have the same viewpoint?

Re: Shipping to Jamaica - wit - 12-12-2011

Jitters and Macy....it wasn't the way I read it that's all. Of course charity begins at home. HOWEVER, we must realize as we are taught from pre school on in Canada, that it's all RELATIVE. We may think we are not rich...compared to what? A Haitian? All I'm saying is we must look at the world as a whole not just our own portion. Think Globally is the solution imo.
At least in Jamaica, you can eat out of the sea and off the trees and you won't freeze to death. But, there are NO support systems unlike the developed world. Tough kanundrum for sure. Give what you can I say Smile

Re: Shipping to Jamaica - Island+Girl - 12-12-2011

Yay Macyoder! Well said...especially when we know our country needs to stay strong in order to be able to offer support to developing nations. It's like putting on the oxygen mask in the plane first, so that you are able to assist others. Just keep in mind, when you are giving it is YOUR responsibility to get the help/goods where you want it to go and not expect others to facilitate that, including suspending rules and customs...That said, I applaud ALL who have a giving heart and help in any way they can. We are all connected you know and can't survive without each other. IRIE! *IG

Re: Shipping to Jamaica - Yamangurl - 12-12-2011

LA 2 JA - I checked with someone I know heading there soon to see about the price of a 3rd bag for your donation - which turns out to be $125! I think that may be too steep for your budget, plus they are leaving after Christmas.

Good luck!