The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error

Jamericans
Medi's Trip Journal Part Two - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Medi's Trip Journal Part Two (/showthread.php?tid=37875)

Medi's Trip Journal Part Two - medi - 12-08-2011

I had really meant to keep going on the original thread for a while longer, but for some reason it's not letting me post the next installment from my trip journal there so I'm posting it here and hopefully this will work..will add some more pics here too, and as always, there are going to be more pics on facebook...anyone need to know how to get to me that doesn't already let me know! Smile

JOURNAL ADDITION MADE 8DEC11 TO THE REPORT:

Okay, so I have some time to kill before the dirver picks me up for the tour, so let me tell you the story of Bobo. I met him for the first time on my first trip in '06, the one I took with my daughters. He seemed nice; we talked af ew times and I bought a wooden turtle from him. My second trip was in July of '07, and that is where things really get started. Only a little over 24hrs before I was scheduled to go on my trip, I was robbed and all my vacation money stolen. It was grace of God that I went AI that trip - at least I had food and drink, even if no money. I was talking with Bobo about it and he and this lady called Auntie offered to let me get some souvenirs from their stalls and I would send them the money for them the following month. So I got $40 of stuff from Bobo, and $80 from Auntie. I did lose the name and address Auntie gave me, and was frantic about it. Now here's where my totally sucky swiss cheese memory comes in, because I am told I talked to Fatty at the airport trying to find someone to go to the crafthouse and communicate to them that I hadn't forgotten and would send it when I could - which I did, so instead of sending it in August, it got sent in September. EXCEPT the $140 I sent to Auntie (sent an extra $20 for it being late) went straight into her pocket alone. Auntie never gave Bobo his share, never even told him about the money I had sent, so here he was for a period of time thinking I had blown him off, I have no doubt.

Things back in the states were truning for the better for me because not only did they catch the thief, but I got my money back too, so of course I used that money to make another trip that November of '07.I did see Bobo then but he never mentioned the money owed at all, so I thought he had gotten it, I had no idea he was just being nice about it - enter Fatty again - I have NO idea when he sent me the email, if it was sent before or after my fourth trip in December '09, but I remember it was a pretty hateful one, but to be fair and putting myself in his shoes, if I had someone who hadn't paid my friend what was owed, I'd be pretty peeved too.

I don't even remember what the exact wording of the email was, or if Fatty presented it as coming from him, or coming from Bobo, but the gist of it was how dare I stiff Bobo for the money I owe him, but like I said, if the shoe was on the other foot, I might have been reacting the same way myself.

Sorry, had to stop there because Joe Cool was here to pick me up for my excursion to YS falls and Pelican Bar with two other couples, Micke and Brenna, and Paul and - shit, can't remember think it's Samantha but aren't 100% sure - I suck at names. Had a really fun and busy day - and a LOT of driving - wore me out. I'm re-upping my weed tomorrow so am going to pretty much smoke myself out tonight until I crash. Will finish the story of Bobo and also write about the excursion when I get up tomorrow.

Okay, so on to the rest of the story of Bobo. I had stayed at Right Vibes in November '07, so contacted Penny, who is the owner, and wried her $80 to give to Bobo. Then promptly forgot who it was I had sent it through, time went by, and on my 4th trip in Dec '09 I didn't even go to see Bobo at all. At this point, I guess a part of me was thinking - "what if he said he didn't get that too?" (Remember, had forgotten I had sent it through Penny) But I couldn't stop thinking about it - even did a thread about it on Jamericans.net and a few gave the advice to just let it go and don't get suckered a third time, that was the gist of it, but I couldn't help feeling it wasn't like that.

So when I was coming back to Negril, I decided to see Bobo and find out once and for all.

Okay, I will finish the story later I promise, and then on to yesterday and what I've been up to today, am at Rooms, just got done swimming, and it's time to fire up a joint and get back in the wata.

I'm at Roots Bamboo via a rather convoluted route, lol! Meant to go to Montana's Cafe from Rooms but while the guy was there Tekla wasn't, so started walking to Whistling Bird to get a box dinner but then thought of the barrel I had passed and though - jerk chicken - oh yeah - and it will be ready in 20 or 30 minutes, give or take, so here I am at Roots with a 7up (yah, they have it here - and a huge selection of stuff, even Arbor Mist), just chillin until it's time for the chicken to be ready. Turns out the jerk chicken guy is Marshall and his stand is Step Aside that I heard about on the internet. After that I plan on taking as much money as I can today and every day maxing out and just making sure I do have that overdraft protection money like I planned on - if I don't I'm fucked so I want to KNOW, you know?

Oh and keeping it real - at Barbara's, I called and talked to Ronny, and while he was gone over the weekend visiting his girlfriend in Stigler, someone broke into the house and stole his xbox and his games and his movies - he doesn't know how they broke in, was thinking one possibility is that the front door wasn't completely shut because it sticks sometimes, and then even if locked can be pushed open. they didn't take my tv or computer - I didn't ask if they took his tv too or not = I'm thinking if they wanted to to make a lean sweep of it they would just take what was quick and easy to carry and a tv, especially the big old ones we have, can be pretty heavy. I know Ronny must be really pissed off and upset, and I feel really bad for him. I wish there ws something I could do, and feel bad knowing there isn't.

Okay, the Bobo story - I had the driver, Joe Cool, stop at the craft area on my way to my room once we got in Negril - I don't remember if I already wrote that or not. I'm forgetting a lot of what I had written, but don't feel like going back over it, so if anyone reads this, and it doesn't make much sene or rambles, oh well. Didn't see Bobo, but saw Presley. Told him to tell Bobo I was in town and was staying at Summerset Village. Bobo told me later when I finally saw him again on Sunday that Presley never told him, but that he had already been told I would be coming in on the 7th by someone who had read my posts online - I don't remember if he said if it was Fatty or not. So anyway, he came by last week but I wasn't there but he didn't leave a message or anything that time. Next time he came by was Saturday when I was swimming at Negril Escape, and that time he left a message, and I was already going to go see him the next day wwhere he told me everything and that he DID get the money the second time I sent it and I was so relieved and happy! We spent a few hours just talking and hanging out and even hung out at DeBar for a while where I saw Fatty and ..dammit forgot her name man I hate that..and this other couple too. I decided since I couldn't even remember what exactly what was even specifically said in that email long ago, since the air was clear between Bobo and I, and that's all that matters, so now I could forget about it all and put it behind me and let it slide off me like water off a duck's ass.

So I'll write about yesterday later tonight. Today I saw Barbara, bought over an ounce of ganja from my other friend B. for only sixty bucks - had like 2250J then left 1000J for the housekeeper for laundry and cleaning and stuff. then took a route taxi to the bank took aobut a hundred bucks. So I ate some ackee with Sonia, talked with her a bit - oh yeh, before that while at Barbara's she let me use her computer and I got online and checked my bank statement and it said available balance was the amount including the overdraft protection I NEED, and then made a post at jamericans.net.

Okay, I'm not sure if I finished it or not, but Bobo and I are cool, he even made me lunch today. And I will write about the YS trip yesterday when I feel like it tomorrow.

Right now it's a big worry on my mind whether or not I can take my overdraft protection money out with my visa debit card or not. I'm really fighting not letting it turn into panic for me. I'm really wracking my brain trying to think of what I will do if it turns out I can't, and not really coming up with anything. I hate to have put all my eggs in one basket, but there it is. Good thing I have plenty of smoke. I think I will go swim at the pool for a bit to clear my head of all these negative thoughts, and read my zen book to calm myself down... water, reading, ganja...sounds like a good prescription for what ails me right now.

comment not from journal but upon reflection: I'm afraid that the tone may be a bit negative in my most recent posting of my journal, but I didn't write down what really made me happy as I was experiencing it...mainly because it was too wet to write...it was RAINING! I LOVE the rain in Jamaica..I don't much want to be under cover from it, I want to be in it, and in it I was. I loved the feel of the rain pouring down and me in the ocean..and when it poured down enough, there was a cool layer of water on top of the nearly bathtub warm water of the sea, and it made for an exhilirating contrast, one that I really enjoyed. I also really got a kick out of talking with Barbara she is a really cool person and I'm glad I had the chance to meet her. It was also really neat to watch Thunder roasting coffee. I was also debating whether or not to include the negativity going on inside my head, and it gets worse before it gets better as the Thursday I am coming up on writing about was the one day I didn't go swimming at all. I won't say it was a "bad" day because it wasn't at all, things turned out okay in the end and I celebrated, but it was a pretty stressful one, and since I had no one really to talk to I pretty much poured out my heart into the journal but I do think that writing in it did help me a lot...so am going to share that part of it too, but after that it pretty much goes back to me enjoying myself on vacation for the most part.

Re: Medi's Trip Journal Part Two - medi - 12-08-2011

please don't post in this thread and let it sink, my bad, it's on the original thread.