The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Does anybody else ever wonder.... - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Does anybody else ever wonder.... (/showthread.php?tid=37690)

Does anybody else ever wonder.... - jajewel - 12-07-2011

....if Jamiacans are deaf or something?.....WHY does any device that has sound have to be played so load that the bass is distorted & the windows shake???....I LOVE reggae music, but do love to be able to hear the sound without it being distorted by the loudness.

I love going to a big concert or party & having the music loud....goes along with Red Stripe or rum, a bighead spliff & nuff dancing, but ALL THE TIME, EVERYWHERE, EVEN WHEN YOU ARE SITTING RIGHT NEXT TO THE SPEAKERS???? Is this just me or do other farriners feel the same way? I guess I would feel it moreso because I'm actually living it...

Sometimes it really gives me a headache, especially the "sound affects", like that damn foghorn & other foolishness....if I say something I just get a "cuteye"

Re: Does anybody else ever wonder.... - rootswoman - 12-07-2011

I am soooooo on your page jajewel. I HATE the loudness as it is to darn loud. I also hate the way the DJ's stop the songs mid- stream as soon as your getting into it - yeah -yeah - so nice - play it twice - HOW ANNOYING! LOL
I know I'm a spoil sport but it would be nice to hear a tune in i'ts entirety at a level that doesnt make the ground shake. Oh dear, am I getting old? Admittedly, Ive never liked really loud music .

Re: Does anybody else ever wonder.... - wendy - 12-07-2011

~ jajewel ~ wrote:

'played so load that the
bass is distorted'

Um...YA !!! crazy, isn't it.
I now walk over to the source where the music is coming from and start tinkering with the bass all the while i'm explaining the sound difference. Treble up, treble down, bass up, bass down. AND most certainly THEY are telling me NO NO and then.......wow, they've heard the difference and AGREE. Never thought i'd win that one cuz NO ONE can tell dem NUT'N Smile

Re: Does anybody else ever wonder.... - Tim - 12-07-2011

I don't mind it loud, I still crank my stereo at home occasionally. But I also can't stand the stupid air horn, and play the whole song instead of constantly playing the start of one song over and over.....

Re: Does anybody else ever wonder.... - macyoder - 12-07-2011

My head is throbbing just thinking about a night at my yawd. In my yawd I have tree frogs, dogs, pigs, roosters, and graves, yes graves.

The night starts with the tree frogs which are not enjoyable to me but bearable. Sometime around midnight the dogs start barking like crazy. According to my aunt, the dogs are sensing the spirit of the departed, who are there because they are happy because we returned. My aunt now has to rebuke the spirits in the name of Jesus praying LOUDLY in tongues. All this scare the pigs, so the squealing starts and goes on for hours. Finally peace and quiet, but wait it's morning and the cocks start to crow. BTW...somebody somewhere within ear shots MUST fall asleep with the radio blaring.

The days we are just being Jamaicans...laugh loud, talk loud, fuss loud, sometimes all at the same time.

Re: Does anybody else ever wonder.... - VenusdeMilos - 12-08-2011

BOOOOOM Smile
http://jamaicansmusic.com/videos/watch/839