The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Greenwood Greathouse - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Greenwood Greathouse (/showthread.php?tid=37539)

Greenwood Greathouse - Jamaicame - 12-05-2011

On Saturday I had to go to Montego Bay and my neighbour kid decided to tag along so we went on a little "adventure." I'd never been up to Greenwood Greathouse so we went there, then out to near the Jamaica clay (it was closed by the time we reached) then we went to glistening waters.

Greenwood Greathouse was quite interesting. Bad roads to get up there, but pretty cool views and one of the best set of antiques in Jamaica including a great library and quite a few very cool and working music machines. The tour guide said that the owners live in the greathouse as well. Near Jamaica Clay there was a tree with a huge amount of green parrots in it, about 10 in one tree. Glistening waters was great, the neighbour kid was completely shocked at the water and it was nice and bright for the viewing! Here are a couple pics from our day.

View from Greenwood Greathouse:

View of the Greathouse:

Front of Greenwood Greathouse:

Cool musical machine that still plays:

Another view from Greenwood:

Flowers on property:

Tree that the parrots were eating:

Can you find the parrots? There are three in this pic:

Along the road:

Water garden at Greenwood:

Bike that I liked (from a couple weeks ago in Negril):

Re: Greenwood Greathouse - jajewel - 12-05-2011

Thanks for the tour, Jamaicame! I have been wanting to get up there for the longest time! I had heard that the antique furniture up there was the bomb....better than Rose Hall even. After looking at your pics, I'm going to recommend it to our guests. Is there a charge to get in??

Re: Greenwood Greathouse - Sundowner - 12-05-2011

These are gorgeous, Ari. I would love to check it out next time. Is Greenwood on the map? Where is it in relation to MoBay?

Re: Greenwood Greathouse - cebakes - 12-06-2011

We went to the Whitehall Greathouse and our driver walked up the house, checked and said we should probably leave. I've read a post or two on Trip Advisor about some tourists being robbed there. When we were there last Winter, the remains were overgrown and in pretty bad shape.

Re: Greenwood Greathouse - suzengrace - 12-06-2011

Wow..thanks for sharing..Another place to put on my visit list..I love old homes, history, gardens.. Great Pics.....

Sharleen..Whitehall sounds wonderful in its hey dey..I've been to the burned down grounds-and not a safe place to wander around anymore...I would love to see some pics of it in its former glory..

Re: Greenwood Greathouse - suzengrace - 12-06-2011

http://www.greenwoodgreathouse.com