The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
internet modem rental availability - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: internet modem rental availability (/showthread.php?tid=37351)

internet modem rental availability - francesca - 12-02-2011

Hi y'all. Anyone know if it's possible in Negril to rent a modem for internet connectivity on a weekly, or monthly, basis? Thanks!

Re: internet modem rental availability - Rastapher - 12-02-2011

you can Google Zoom wireless travel router. I have one and plug in a Claro usb wart into it which gets a sort of 3g connection. I can also just plug the wart into my laptop if my wife isnt on. they work pretty good.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16875995057

Re: internet modem rental availability - Yvonne - 12-02-2011

~ francesca ~ wrote:

'Anyone know if it's possible in Negril to rent a modem for internet connectivity on a weekly, or monthly,
basis?'

Poster Patty S posted on N.com about, I think buying a modem & then paying for a week of internet access at Grand Pineapple for $44 a week. Got the modem due to lousy wifi connection from their room. I get mine free where I stay. Of course, I have to leave my room. Helps develop a sense of community, so to speak. I like it.

Re: internet modem rental availability - francesca - 12-28-2011

Thanks Ras and Lola.

Ras, the link you sent is no longer available but i found other travel routers, one for $25.

I have a USB connector for the iPad. Wonder if the digicel mifi would work. I sent digicel an email, will see if they respond.

Thing is I will may need to connect for work a few times while there and appreciate the mobility and features of iPad over my very old and heavy toshiba. This may prove too costly though so just checking the possibilities.

Link re digicel mifi:

http://www.digiceljamaica.com/en/about/news/smes-take-advantage-of-digicels-on-the-go-mifi-devices

Re: internet modem rental availability - rastagirl777 - 12-29-2011

I hear that the Claro thing works pretty well, I have many friends that use it.

I personally have WiFi in my yard, we share a connection with our neighbors though I'm thinking of hooking up on my own next season. Hey - maybe FLOW will finally come to town with Broadband? One can only hope.

Re: internet modem rental availability - rastagirl777 - 12-29-2011

The Claro "stick" does work with Macs - my friend has a MacBook Pro and it works with that. Thing is, she had to downgrade from Snow Leopard to Leopard for it to work when she got it about 2-3 years ago. Not sure if that is still the case.

If you are here on vacation for a couple of weeks and don't want to hassle with it there are nuff places that have free WiFi for you to use. I see tourists at LTU all the while with their IPads and Computers checking email, Facebook and all that other stuff.

Re: internet modem rental availability - rastagirl777 - 12-30-2011

Sundowner - your laptop MIGHT be too old....Snow Leopard and Leopard are Apple operating systems. When my friend got her Claro thing it wouldn't work with Snow Leopard so she was told she had to downgrade to Leopard (the OS before Snow Leopard) and it worked.

If you are still having trouble try checking a man named "Ron" at LTU. He's magical with computers of all kinds.