The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
American Airlines, would you buy a ticket now? - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: American Airlines, would you buy a ticket now? (/showthread.php?tid=37155)

American Airlines, would you buy a ticket now? - Markospoon - 11-30-2011

This is one of the few Non-stop flights from Chicago.

But, they have filed bankruptcy, but they say things will continue as normal.

Last time i checked (yesterday) it was $532.00 round trip, non-stop.

I was going to use the Credit card and book, but i'm not sure.

Oh well, US Air and others are still flying high.

Re: American Airlines, would you buy a ticket now? - Blues Pirate - 11-30-2011

I already have tickets with AA to fly to Puerto Vallarta in February and am keeping my fingers crossed. They say that they will honour all tickets and then in the same breath state that they will be cutting back on some flights. Since I have a connection in Chicago who knows what will happen now with schedules. I'm not amused.

Re: American Airlines, would you buy a ticket now? - suzengrace - 11-30-2011

I have tkts for Puerto Rico (going on to Vieques island) in May. My friends who's a travel agent said their "suppose" to honor the tkts..She also said we'll have to wait and see and monitor the situation..I hope all goes well, one reason I chose them because they're non-stop LAX to San Juan...

Re: American Airlines, would you buy a ticket now? - Yvonne - 11-30-2011

I wouldn't hesitate. Also have tickets for February, for Negril. Last time one of the major airline declared bankruptcy, it really didn't affect things much. I have a ton of FF miles & plan on using them next year. The FF flights to MBJ suck so will go visit my sister who just moved to N.C. Might take a trip "up north" too, to visit my roots.

BTW... just talked to a friend today re: flights out of ORD. Obviously different dates because the cost was $200 more than what you quoted. Another reason to go for it. $532 sound like a deal out of Chicago.

Re: American Airlines, would you buy a ticket now? - Jenny - 11-30-2011

I wouldn't worry, M'Spoon, really. Other airlines have gone through this without hitches. You might, however, buy a ticket on a particular flight & then be re-shuffled to another flight(s) as they begin to coalesce their flights into more crowded planes. My advice would be to REGULARLY check your reservation on the website to make sure that they haven't screwed-up. I once never got notice of them having changed my flights to other flights...just happened to go on-line to check to make sure that everyting was kosher, and guess what I found?! They'd put me arriving from MBJ at my connecting airport AFTER the connecting flight had left! Boy!!! I called them & they apologized & made the switch for an earlier flight for me, of course, no charge, since it was their screw-up! Gotta monitor what they're doing with your reservations!!!