The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Love Hurts BUT - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Love Hurts BUT (/showthread.php?tid=36982)

Love Hurts BUT - macyoder - 11-27-2011

A few weeks ago I picked up my daughter huffing and puffing. Oh, her heart got broken. She went off, I don't care. I told her it was OK to feel badly when you loose someone or something you care about. The following day I picked her up in tears , so I took her for her favorite island smoothie- mango, coconut, pineapple and banana. The next day she got home, went in her room and looked as the world is about to end. Now, I walked in and gave her DA TALK. The next few days got better and before long laughter and smiles were back.

Yesterday I heard her tell a friend that she needed to pull herself together because mama said, it's not worth loosing or changing yourself to hold on to a guy who doesn't care about loosing you in the first place. Anyone that says or does mean things to you is no longer your friend.

She listened to her mama!

Re: Love Hurts BUT - wendy - 11-27-2011

great advice...you a good mamma !

Re: Love Hurts BUT - Jenny - 11-27-2011

Hooray!!! You really helped her through a bad time. Wonderfully-mature young lady that she learn this now, rather than later!! She's a resilient person already!!! Kudos to you, mother!

Re: Love Hurts BUT - suzengrace - 11-27-2011

Good advice to dawtas and everyone in general...

Good going mom !!!!!

Re: Love Hurts BUT - macyoder - 11-27-2011

I now pray she always remember.

I told her it's not possible to be everyone's friend. She replied mom, have you check your son's face book recently. Sometimes it's best to quit with the advice while you are ahead....lol!

Re: Love Hurts BUT - oldtimer - 11-27-2011

Well.....where do I start. I brought up 4 daughters ...how would you like to be a boyfriend there !!!! hehehe !!!!!

Re: Love Hurts BUT - rootswoman - 11-28-2011

Nice!
It sort of alarmed me when I similar thing happened to me once - I was really happy to hear my daughter repeating one of my lessons - but it made me think that I better think more before I speak because, although it may not appear so, she really does listen to me.
I have never raised a son - and I would not know where to start with that one!