The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Great Huts in Portland - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Great Huts in Portland (/showthread.php?tid=36839)

Pages: 1 2

Great Huts in Portland - rhonda - 11-23-2011

has anyone ever stayed there?

looks lovely

giving some thought to visiting in January

would love to hear about it if you've been there

thanks

Re: Great Huts in Portland - Island+Girl - 11-23-2011

I stayed there several years back. I loved it- BUT my better half did NOT. Let's just say he likes his luxuries and Great Huts is very rustic and open-air, even the more expensive treehouses like the one we stayed in. Also, it helps to be at least well-balanced to get to and from your treehouse or tent, as the paths are very rocky and uneven. The reason I liked it is that they minimally disturbed nature to build it and used natural materials whenever possible and the whole thing just kind of blends into the land. It's right on a little point next to Boston Bay Beach and has an incredible, calming atmosphere and lovely views of the Caribbean. OH and it's just steps away from the world famous Boston jerk stands with hands-down best jerk chicken, pork, and sausage (not to mention festival) in the Universe! I would go back in a heartbeat! Hope this helps...IRIE! *IG

Re: Great Huts in Portland - Yamangurl - 11-23-2011

I toured the property in '07. It is of course an eco-property without AC but internet is available. I have some images that I have been trying to post here of the place but I cannot get either uploader to work.

The terrain is definitely rugged and you'll climb a ladder to the treehouses.
I will try again later to post images. It is a unique and gorgeous property.

An example of the terrain...

One of the tents...

Inside one of the treehouses

Inside one of the treehouses

One of the walkways...I think this one leads to an outdoor cook area atop a cliff with gorgeous views

This is a view of Boston Bay from the built in loungers at G.H.

The property is surrounded by a bamboo fence. You cannot see in from the road, it is very private until you go inside the gate. By the way, it is located at the end of the road where the famous Boston Beach jerk chicken area with lots of vendors and cook/grill/drum pans.