The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
JA food in Brixton, London - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: JA food in Brixton, London (/showthread.php?tid=36833)

JA food in Brixton, London - Miss+Jamaica Soul - 11-22-2011

Hi!

Well I thought that I would be posting a wee message about the restaurant, "Negril" in Brixton.....never made it there(soon come though!)..but found another lovely place.It would have been funny to have been to" Negril" and back in 36 hrs..and saved the travel from Scotland to JA!

Anyway.....won the comp to see Rihanna at the 02 in London...so had to go!Decided that you" Cyaant "be in Caribbean vibes and not drink rum!You "cyaant"...not dust down the heels.......oh dear!(Oh the shame of it as it was a tuesday night..and mi no care!)

Decided that copious amounts of rum (Appleton )would help!!!!My friend who is Jamaican English was coming with me and had some time off work.

He now knows this site ..and how we all have a terrible disease......yes I am a long term !Jamaicaholic!!!!" Proud to be one too!there is no known cure!

Brilliant show and then the next day......gorgeous food.We went to Bamboula in Brixton.

What can I say?Lovely staff, decor.....more Appleton.....food was soooooo nice!I wanted ackee, saltfish etc and we ended up adding callaloo, rice and peas, festival......wish I had taken pics........I kept staring at other customers plates like a mad women!

Round the local fruit, veg and fish market....had to remind myself....I wasn't in Sav..and couldn't just pull up a wee crate and sit down to chat with the vendors!!!!!!!

Mavado is heading to London to perform in a few wks...so ..you never know........Mi wan conch soup now!!!!!!!!

God.....mi hungry!

Respect

Miss Jamaica Soul x

Re: JA food in Brixton, London - Sharleen - 11-22-2011

check the Mavado show before you go, he has been arrested and may not be able to leave the country. http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com
will keep you up to date on his situation.

Re: JA food in Brixton, London - VenusdeMilos - 12-05-2011

Muswell Hill and Totteridge!?...we're getting closer Smile

Hope you are well x

Re: JA food in Brixton, London - VenusdeMilos - 12-07-2011

Miss J.S. You are obviously well travelled. Good for you. I am a great believer in travel being the best form of education. Just wish it wasnt so damn expensive but I do give it priority. I think bc where we live although beautiful it is small, so I am terrified of my kids growing up with small island mentality. So far so good.

My friends back in Blighty have been telling me about the snow. I so dont miss that. Went to London last Christmas and it was a nightmare. We had a 12 hour delay in Athens bc London airports were closed. Then when we did get to Heathrow we had to wait hours for luggage. Then no one could drive out in the snow to meet us and with no public transport either I was held to ransom by a bloody minicab driver who was my only offer home. It always amazes me how the UK knows its going to snow every year. We know its coming but yet the whole country will come to a standstill.

A few days after staying at my mums we all started to get cabin fever as apart from sledging it up and down the hills and over the Heath there was not much going out. Then the obligatory family drama, when someone's wife decides to confide in me about her affair. WHAAAA?? Why tell me? I was happy not knowing. So I vowed never again for Christmas.

My husband has developed a new affliction. He keeps wandering round the house mumbling "krisi krisi" ~ "Crisis" and turning off all the lights...lol. So we decided to stay at home this year, the first time in many and realised our youngest child hasnt ever decorated her own tree. Result...here I am on my tiny island, looking forward to a 'just us Christmas' but missing Ja. missing London, missing anywhere but here. Weather is mild. Boring actually. Think we will go to Athens for a few days after Christmas just to break the monotony and remember there is an outside world. Watch my island kids go the wrong way up and down the escalators... hehe! Smile

What are your plans for Christmas? any travel plans?

Love Everytime! x x