The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Ochie on Cruise stop - what to do - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Ochie on Cruise stop - what to do (/showthread.php?tid=36778)

Ochie on Cruise stop - what to do - BrenJaLee - 11-21-2011

Hi All, my aunt/uncle/cousins will be stopping in Ochie on Nov 30 on a cruise ship stop. Wish Negril was a bit closer, I'd meet up with them. But I don't know anything about Ochie. She asked me for any suggestions. I know the hoards of groups will be going to Dunns River Falls and the bobsled place. Need suggestions from anyone that knows the Ochie area on where to go, what to do, where to eat, anything would help. I sent her a message asking if they would want a private driver - any suggestions if they want to go that route?

Darn I wish I could meet up with them.

Re: Ochie on Cruise stop - what to do - wit - 11-21-2011

I cannot recommend Paul Williams enough. GREAT family man, excellent safe driver with a nice clean a/c van. Well spoken. I have hired him for my friends in England when they came to Ochi. He picked them up and asked what their interests were and off they went. Loved him. paul849@hotmail.com
http://www.paulsjamaicatours.com/

Re: Ochie on Cruise stop - what to do - jajewel - 11-21-2011

Just up the hill from The Ruins restaurant is Enchanted Gardens....$20pp to get in....absolutely gorgeous grounds with a multitude of lovely falls, a walk-in aviary where the birds come to have you feed them....some lovely koi ponds. The guests I have taken there have loved it! Much less "touristy" than Dunns & just as beautiful!

Re: Ochie on Cruise stop - what to do - BrenJaLee - 11-21-2011

Enchanted Gardens sounds wonderful and probably more suited to this group. My aunt/uncle are in their 60s so may not want to climb Dunns Falls anyway. Are there any river rafting places close to Ochie? Martha Brae is the only one I know and I think that's too far. What about a restaurant with good JA food.

Re: Ochie on Cruise stop - what to do - BrenJaLee - 11-21-2011

I read there is a Scotchies in Ochie. My cousin was asking about what the "local" food is and since I'm thinking they can have the full dinner on board the ship, steering them toward the local stuff would be good. Like Juici Patti for late morning snack and Scotchies for late afternoon before returning to the ship.

Saw a few pics from Enchanted Garden and it looks fantastic. Definitely looks like a place I'd want to go myself! Blue Hole or Botanical Gardens could be the 2nd stop. I did read that Botanical Gardens can get just as crowded as Dunns on cruise ship days though.

Re: Ochie on Cruise stop - what to do - BrenJaLee - 11-22-2011

Thanks for all of your suggestions everyone. I take off tomorrow so I've sent my cousin a link to this thread. Thanks again! I'll see some of you soon!