The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Interesting.... - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Interesting.... (/showthread.php?tid=36731)

Interesting.... - oldtimer - 11-20-2011

In the Halifax paper yesterday,there was a big promo for Porty.They were talking about a very large marina that was built about 12 years ago to attract large yacht's and they say it's starting to happen.they say the music scene is becoming very vibrant.The biggest draw back is that's it's 3 hours from an airport.I spent alot of time down that way and loved it BUT that was awhile ago.It's going to return as the hub of touristism as it once was.Lots of adventures to be had.Average room cost with 5 star ratings $100/night

Re: Interesting.... - wit - 11-20-2011

cool! Lots of press in the papers about Orcabessa last week as well. Big celebs going there.

Re: Interesting.... - Mattjamaica - 11-21-2011

I've been doing porty at least once a year for the last ten years and have not seen any appreciable difference in tourism activity in that time. The marina is noce but always empty. I was told the russian restauarant there shut down earlier this year.

Re: Interesting.... - Blues Pirate - 11-22-2011

There was a lot of similar hype about this several years ago. The bottom line is that an airport is needed for anything to really start happening and although Stewart and Chin have tried it keeps running into red tape road blocks. The one in Oracabessa helps a little.

Re: Interesting.... - oldtimer - 11-22-2011

Yes I did.What a laugh !!!!

Re: Interesting.... - Island+Girl - 11-24-2011

LOL RE: Bonnie View. I am remembering our first view from up there- Breathtaking! Though we mostly stayed at Helmut's, which was not quite as high; at Jamaica Heights it didn't feel like I was about to fall off the mountain and tumble into the sea, at least not after the first time up there. We sure miss Helmut- have heard rumours that the place is "trying to" open again but I have a queasy feeling just thinking of it after what happened to Helmut up there- UGH!

Oldtimer, do you have a pic of Reach Beach" at BV? I have one somewhere, but have to locate it first and get it scanned... It must have been a huge pain to haul that sand up that driveway, eh?

IRIE! *IG

Re: Interesting.... - oldtimer - 11-24-2011

I'm not sure if I do or not.My ex took boxes of pics and I'm not sure what I have.I'll look though. if it was raining (which it usually did in the afternoon) sometimes the car wouldn't be able to make it up the driveway because it would be too slippery.