The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Whats new? - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Whats new? (/showthread.php?tid=36688)

Whats new? - rootswoman - 11-19-2011

I have been so busy lately - I barley have time to read the board, never mind post.
Whats going on?

I know Brenjalee is about to head down for her vacation and Medi, Ras, Red and Marco spoon are already on the rock.

Wit, I see you just got home - sounds like a lovely trip - now what will you be doing to keep busy?

What are folks doing for Thanksgiving?

I just posted on facebook that my hard work is starting to pay off. I interviewed for a really great internship yesterday at a big international hospitality design firm , its my dream internship and and i got the position! I am tickled pink. It wont start until February, but it is terribly exciting.

Besides that I am so darn busy with school work I keep forgetting to breath. Starting a new career in your fifties is a challenge - but I am starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Now I have to get back to work - I and designing a Louis the 16th / Neoclassical style hotel lobby in Arles, France . We started by designing period rugs now we have to do the rest of the lobby. Does anyone have a piece of blue and yellow silk damask?

Re: Whats new? - Yamangurl - 11-19-2011

Congrats on your internship! Hospitality should be really fun. I always thought retail and hospitality had the best opportunities for amazing design possibilities.
Sorry, no damask, lol.

Re: Whats new? - Jenny - 11-19-2011

Hooray, RootsWoman!!!!! You go, gurl! I knew you'd be incredibly successful at this!!! Smile

Re: Whats new? - rootswoman - 11-19-2011

Thanks Ladies!

Yes, Yaman, I worked so many years in hospitality, it makes sense for me.

Jenny, as always you are so kind.

Wit, I am impressed - you heat with wood !- that's a ton of work - Ive done it in the past ..... phew, - I bet you have great biceps - lol!

How was your dinner out Jenny? By the time I got back to the chat you were gone :-(.

What else is new?

Re: Whats new? - rootswoman - 11-19-2011

The stars lined up Jenny - it was great timing - my little city college is on a different schedule than the other schools so I managed to get in before the other larger and more prestigious schools - It is a busy company and there will be other interns, which will be nice. There are several ID programs in the area so I feel really fortunate. The young woman who interviewed me was lovely, I felt totally at ease, it was perfect.

Re: Whats new? - rootswoman - 11-20-2011

Thanks Tammy! You are a sweetheart.

What are you doing for thanksgiving?

Re: Whats new? - rootswoman - 11-20-2011

Sorry to hear you have to work so much this week Tammy - that kinda stinks...but such is life - Well the good thing is all you have to do is drive on thanksgiving day -right? The cooking and the mess will all be at your sisters house - you will be able to return to things as you left them. Do you have to work friday too?

Out Thanksgiving is discombobulated as well - My niece is getting married in June so we have her, her fiance and his parents coming out to LA. My brother and his GF are also flying in - but on Thanksgiving day - My sisters X and his new wife are hosting a fancy diner at a restaurant for my niece, her fiance, his parents, my sister and her bf. Meanwhile Dread will head up to his mothers and I wont be going along as my daughter gets out of work around six. She has worked for the past 5 thanksgivings so she wants to go out to eat with me when she gets out of work.

On Friday we will finally do the home cooked dinner at my sisters house - my daughter has to work friday but we will have twelve of us and we will all bring food. I'm bringing a tofurkey - lol - ill most likely be the only one eating it too! Dread doesn't know it yet but his job will be taking pictures.

What are other people up to?