The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Sunray - What gives you the right? - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Sunray - What gives you the right? (/showthread.php?tid=36396)

Pages: 1 2

Sunray - What gives you the right? - macyoder - 11-14-2011

...seems like the shitbirds starting to assemble

Come to think about it. To the best of my knowledge I have not said an unkind word to you. What gives you the right to refer to someone's daughter, wife, and mother or anyone on a forum as a shitbird?

In the past, for sharing my opinions based on my experience, my upbringing has been questioned and put down, now this, why? When certain lines are crossed I am not taking it lying down. I grew up poor having less, it doesn't make me less. There is NO ONE I could ever imagine directing such a comment at or to.

Re: Sunray - What gives you the right? - sunray - 11-17-2011

Thanks for the direct question Macyoder. To avoid another drama thread I really did not want to respond, but your post has created a couple of hundred views, and people are probably wondering WTF?
Here is my response to your question.
There was a thread started last week by Oldtimer. The thread is titled "the s*** should fly now". I read the post, and after reading the post, I did not know what was being talked about. I replied with "Another mystery thread?" Within 4 minutes Macyoder responded with "Nothing is as it seems (with a lol)" For any of you that read other Negril boards, there was a thread on another board called "Hijacked thread" Macyoder, with board name Sweet Dawta made a statement that "Nothing in Jamaica is or what it seems." It was discussed and beat to death, resulting in the thread being closed off. Good reading if you want to better understand this post.
After Macyoder responded within 4 minutes after my post, I thought, Oh Macyoder wants to have a bit of fun, maybe goading me (since it was clearly a response to my post). If Macyoder wanted to be helpful, she might have explained what the thread was about.
I responded....seems like the shitbirds starting to assemble. The seems is a favorite word of Macyoder/Sweet Dawta. S*** and fly were used in the thread title, hence I came up with shitbird. (I know, I'm so creative) No where did I direct my comment directly to Macyoder. To some it may "seem" that way -lol lol lol. I could have said seems like the shit disturbers are starting to assemble, or the muck rakers are starting to assemble. No big deal to me, I wouldn't hesitate to say to any of my friends they are a shit disturber (or a shitbird) if I thought that was what they were doing. In any case I acknowledged that I responded like a juvenile to Macyoder's post, but I did leave out that I felt Macyoder was maybe poking a stick at my comment. Just to be clear, by now I don't see any humour in the "Nothing is as it seems" statement.
Macyoder reponded, thanking me for acknowledging that I responded like a juvenile, but she did not acknowledge that she may have been doing the same thing.
Everything seemed cool, then this thread was started, Macyoder had a second thought about the matter. Macyoder asked how I have the right to refer to a mother, daughter, wife in such a way. Well I do not and was not! I don't know who you are, I only know your words posted on the internet on two message boards. Macyoder has been involved in controversy before, (read OT Pass to Macy, and Macy cum yahso, there are others, to get my meaning).
It "seemed" to me that Macyoder might have had a little thicker skin, but I now understand if you say shitbird on the internet, it is not the same as when you are having a coffee or beer with friends, and call one of them a shit disturber, or say you're full of s***, or say your a shitbird (good one for a beach setting).
I don't know Macyoder/Sweet Dawta, and am taken aback with her response about her family relationships, her background, her upbringing. If I wanted to call somebody a name, I would do it directly and it probably wouldn't be an inane word like shitbird. Remember, in no way did I directly call Macyoder or anyone else a name, might have seemed that way. Just to be clear I do not really care for Macyoder/Sweet Dawta, this is and only can be based on her words in her posts, but for her to make her post in this thread is way over the top, very dramatic, but that is only my opinion, other's may and are free to disagree. (Heck Macyoder, Sweet Dawta, sunray, etc. are not even real names, the comments only wind-well electronic wind).
If my use the word shitbird offended you Macyoder/Sweet Dawta, you have my apology.

Re: Sunray - What gives you the right? - BrenJaLee - 11-17-2011

And here I thought "Knowledge is Power" came from my favorite commercials as a kid...

Re: Sunray - What gives you the right? - wit - 11-17-2011

BP that's exactly what I thought....shitbirds....shithawks....seagulls LOL

~ macyoder ~ wrote:

''

That is LOW. LOWER THAN LOW! Shame on you to suggest that this has anything to do with where you were born.

Macyoder wrote ... "I am a product of where I was born. There are those who love us and those who don't."

Again, I repeat that is LOW. LOWER THAN LOW. THE LOWEST. No way a reasoning, conscious person would bring such a statement in to the context of this thread.

Thanks for making everything so crystal clear to me. Your statement is EXACTLY as it seems, and I will say this, and nothing further on the matter, SHAME ON YOU!

Re: Sunray - What gives you the right? - mickey - 11-17-2011

pssst...jeannieb....do u think the shitbirds are from the angry birds game???

Re: Sunray - What gives you the right? - Sophie - 11-19-2011

MacYODER???? Your name is Yoder? You are Amish? Oh lord- there must be something wrong with me. I am lol picturing Macy with NO electric, NO car, NO music and certainly...........................NO PARADEE'S!!

So sorry for the lunacy- My roofers name is Yoder. He is Amish. Somehow my brain made this odd connection and I was giggling out loud.

Re: Sunray - What gives you the right? - rootswoman - 11-19-2011

lol, the first time I spoke with Macyoder on the phone - I called her Macy and she was flabbergasted- lol - she is mac - yoder - who is Macy Oder?

Re: Sunray - What gives you the right? - Sophie - 11-19-2011

What, WHAT??? Are you serious? Your name is YODER?? For real- I just pulled that outta my ass. Now I am grinnin' like a cat eatin s###. But, I have to admit that when I read your name I was reading Macy Odor. I kept wondering---odor? Well geez I may be a little gassy but I sure as hell wouldn't put it in my board name