The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Wish me luck... - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Wish me luck... (/showthread.php?tid=36133)

Wish me luck... - Yvonne - 11-09-2011

Call me vain, but tomorrow I'm having facial laser resurfacing. I saved while I was still working and have long planned to do this once I retired. Many years in the FL & JA sun have taken their toll. The care for the procedure is pretty daunting. I have to get up every 4-5 hours, 24/7, to clean & rehydrate my face. I've been preparing for some time, probably won't be sleeping a lot since I'll have to sleep on my back - abnormal for me (bought a bedrest pillow since I don't have a recliner to sleep in).

Today I've been a cleaning fool since I won't be able to do much of anything for a while. My freezer & refrigerator are stocked. My sister will pick up some sale items for me tomorrow (fresh pineapple!!!) since my surgery time was changed to early in the morning from mid-morning. I won't be able to make the a.m. grocery run I'd planned. Car cover is on.

I've had several surgeries before but am always apprenhensive. I'll be "out" since the procedure is painful. Needless to say, I won't be going out in public for a while since I'll be looking like a scary Halloween mask. All my drugs & supplies are arranged. Phew... I'm already exhausted. Still have one last load of laundry to deal with. It's in the washing machine now.

Off to read the newspaper, do my sit ups, then take a shower. Bedtime will be early since I have to get up early tomorrow. No lazing around in bed tomorrow morning. Plenty of time for that once I get home in the early afternoon.

Re: Wish me luck... - Likkle+Red - 11-09-2011

good luck tomorrow with the procedure. I will be waiting to see how it goes...take a before...during recovery and after pictures so you can see in the end that it was all worth it.

question....do you now have to stay out of the sun with your face and wear extra strong sun screens? I am also curious as to what the procedure entails.

thinking of you!

Re: Wish me luck... - irieworld - 11-09-2011

Take care and rest up to let your skin heal. I am curious also since I grew up in Cali when we didn't even know about spf and since then have been an avid sun lover around the globe.

Re: Wish me luck... - Jenny - 11-09-2011

You'll do great, Yvonne, thanks to your truly matchless organizational skills! You're READY, girl!! So just sit back once it's done & let your body heal itself well. This will be one of those things that's good in the long run! Congratulations!