The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
trip - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: trip (/showthread.php?tid=35927)

trip - wit - 11-07-2011

West Jet luggage nightmare as usual.
Went to Club Ambiance for 2 nights as we had biz on the North Coast. DEADER than a door nail (no pun intended Cher lol). The entire section of rooms by the pool was empty. Thomas Cook from the UK pulled out of CA and it's hurting them badly. Pool wasn't clean. Room rocked ! Entertainment (we went for Jamaica night cause that cracks us up). cancelled.
Went to Mega Mart, then on to Negril. Arrive in Negril and go to Catcha to treat my friends to lunch. Was told "lunch is for guests only and you have to have a reservation for dinners". Hmm guess I cannot say much as I do want them to keep to their policy regarding the pool so ....that's their policy so be it. Susan (owner) comes to speak to me. No worries it's all good. Off to Rockhouse for lunch. Smile
Get to Home Sweet Home and check in. Met the owner Charlie. The penthouse room 12 is pricey but has a 180 degrees view of Negril beach, sea and cliffs. Spectacular!!!!!
Left there after a few days and went to Le Mirage. Bob and Susan from Onestop were staying there also. Nice to see and chat with them.
We took our blended and made our own dirty bananas Smile Smile
Didn't get to 3 dives for food this time...wasn't into yard food.
Went to Samsara to visit Melvin. Went to xtabi to see staff, eat, swim in the sea. Ate at Home Sweet Home once...it was good and CHEAP.
Went to Catcha for dinners often....visited with the staff. We love they staff at Catcha!!!!
Went to Rockhouse often this trip as well. Dwight was on vacation and it showed. But the food was good as is the view.
Easy flight home...only half the plane was full.
Heard "nuttin gwan " Nothing going on. REPEATEDLY. Dead, dead, dead. Even more places closed this trip.
Funny how I paid lots of money to do exactly that...NOTHING.

Re: trip - fatty - 11-07-2011

~ wit ~ wrote:

'Left there after a few days and went to Le Mirage.'

I think we swam with you one day. Sure wish I would have known it was you that was in the pool with us. I would have introduced myself. I found out later from Nadine that the woman we were swimming with was you!!! LOL

Re: trip - Tim - 11-08-2011

Wit - we stayed at HSH for several days a few years back. There was a huge storm one night and we had water come thru the doors leading to the deck from the waves crashing on the cliffs. We were staying in a second floor room I think 2 rooms behind where you stayed. Our room was 90 degrees from the cliffs and a ways back. The room you stayed in was completely flooded. I don't think the people there would have slept that night, they were probably scared of drowning lol.

Can't remember if this was from the day of the storm as it got much worse overnight or the next day. I remember watching a few boats come past in the early evening and I am sure glad I wasn't aboard then.

Re: trip - wit - 11-12-2011

Sharlene, I love reading your info thanks for sharing Smile