The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Decisions have consequences - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Decisions have consequences (/showthread.php?tid=35860)

Decisions have consequences - Bruce - 11-05-2011

I went today to get my hair cut at the same place I have been getting it cut for over 20 years. For a number of years I would go to a little hole in the wall not too far from there to get some fantastic roast beef sandwiches to go, but I had not done so for about 1 year. As I was leaving the shop I called my wife to see if she wanted a sandwich because I had an urge for one and she said it sounded good. As I neared the location of the restaurant I was stopped at a signal in the left turn lane. I looked to the left down the street and it looked like the roast beef place was gone. I thought to my self "oh crap" then looked straight ahead and saw a large object flying towards me and BOOM!

A vehicle had run a red light and hit another in the intersection sending that car flying towards me. My f#$#king car is totaled!

The three passengers in the other cars were all transported to the hospital, and hopefully they are ok. Myself, just some aches and pains that I hope will go away otherewise I will see a doctor on Monday.

If I had just not made that decision to have a sandwich.

Re: Decisions have consequences - medi - 11-05-2011

oh man I'm so sorry that happened to you, and am glad you are not seriously hurt!

Re: Decisions have consequences - Angel - 11-05-2011

Bruce sorry you got hit. You can replace your car but not you. Hope you do not get anymore aches and pains. And the other people are ok. Wish you well. So is that sandwich shop gone :-)

Re: Decisions have consequences - BrenJaLee - 11-07-2011

Glad you are OK. I just went through the same thing. Got rear-ended on the freeway and in a split second I went from finally car payment free to payments again. I also kept second guessing my decisions that day which put me in that spot at that time. But, can't go back and change anything, just move forward. Still seeing a chiropractor though. Definitely DO NOT tell them you are OK right off the bat. Go get checked out anyway. My pain didn't really start until a day or two later. For me it was mostly left side neck and left side back (must have been the way I was sitting). And of all things, my right toe (probably the way my foot was on the brake pedal). The toe pain didn't start until about day 4 but then I could hardly bend it back at all without pain.

Also, I am not a "get a lawyer" kind of person but I happened to be telling my neighbor about the endless calls I'd been dealing with because there were 4 insurance companies involved in my accident (4 cars total). She happens to work for a personal injury law firm and said she would help if I wanted. Again, I'm not "after" anything. Not looking for some big settlement or anything but I have to say, having them has been a godsend. Immediately I didn't have to deal with ANY of the insurance companies anymore. Nothing. They deal with it all. I got the check for my car - full amount. The lawyer doesn't get any money out of property damage, only the PI part. I've been seeing the chiro and the lawyer deals with the bills, not me. I'm feeling much better now and have been tapering off the chiro so when we close out the case the lawyer deals with getting the final settlement from the insurance company and then they take a percentage of that. I am sooooo happy to not have to be dealing with any of that. Realived a LOT of stress.

In addition, they told me about some forms that have to go to the DMV (that I never would have known about) and also getting a release of liability waiver from my insurance co (that I wouldn't have known about) to CYA in the future if they or another insurance company tries to increase rates because I was in an accident. And a few other things they have done that I wouldn't have known about. So basically, what I'm saying, is that even if you are not after a bunch of money (neither was I), it was still extremely helpful to have the lawyer dealing with all the little crap instead of me. Totally worth it!