The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
1998 Trip Report - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: 1998 Trip Report (/showthread.php?tid=35626)

1998 Trip Report - Tammy - 11-01-2011

A wonderful friend sent me this today as she found it on her computer saved for many years now. This is just one part but I so enjoyed reading it and remember how I felt back then. (I should have known about spell check LOL) Thought I would share it with you all. What a magical trip that was for me. I learned so much, I seen so much, and I was a true die hard Jamaica Junkie when I returned home. Wish I still had them glasses as I would put them on in a quick minute to make another trip like that. I think I'm gonna hunt them down soon .. Wink

Weird part of this Trip Report being sent to me today is I was dreaming about the Yacht Club this afternoon and when I woke up here is this trip report from 13 yrs ago barely missing the month and date where I stayed at the Yacht for a month sitting in my inbox. Pretty weird eh?

Negril & NYC Trip Report ( what a month )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Negril Board ] [ FAQ ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by Tammy on October 18, 1998 at 160515:

My trip started Sept.15 when I arrived in Mobay. Chuck and Donna from NYC had a driver waiting on me at the airport. I don't remember his name but he was a great guy and he drove for Juta Tours. He geeted me with a big hug and a welcome to Jamaica smile.I slept most of the two hours to Negril. When I arrived Chuck and the staff were waiting with a big welcome and some great accomodations for my month long stay. I have been to Negril several times but always with my best friend so this seemed to be a big step to travel alone as a single woman. I didn't feel that way for long. Chuck, Donna, and the staff erased any reservations I ever had. I was treated as part of the family. Safety was not an issue. Mr.Sing the night watchman made sure everything was always under control. If you visit NYC which I highly suggest please tell Johnny that Tammy said to set you up with one of his famous B-52's. You'll never forget it... Oh yes and Carlton wil set you up with some of the best food in Negril. Rob and The Negril Crew will help you keep in touch with your friends and loved ones on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights when they do their live internet shows right at the NYC Bar. Rob invited me to talk live a few times with my children back home during his broadcast and myself and them really got a kick out of that. They were really worried about me I think during the first week so He spent quite a bit of time talking to them and assuring them I was fine in the Negril chat room. Alot of those times he was babysitting in the chat area I was partying it up with Mr.Stripe. I spent several days at Bloody Bay where you can sunbathe any way you like and the water is crystal clear.If you've never visited Bloody Bay you have to on your next trip. It is the most beautiful beach you'll ever see and there is always a spot to be alone.Also if you visit NYC don't forget to introduce yourself to Blondie unless your frigid then maybe you shouldn't. I promise she will be one of the most realll people you'll ever meet... She is a sweetheart and was a very good friend to me. Donna well she runs the place and we became very good friends. We went out and put the party in place several times. We opened Compulsions and closed it. Compulsions is the local disco and a must to check out during your stay and when you leave for the best late night snack stop at one of the small jerk stands right outside and get a taste of the best jerk chicken on the island. Ask for the man that sells the festival, it's the best. Normally he sets up right across the street. If someone suggest going to Pickled Parrot thats cool but ask them to take you to Pirates Cove right next door. Same beautiful view but without all the exspence. Ask for Ms. Erica she owns the place and a wonderful lady she is but please don't bring up the US President because she has alot of opinions about that and the media.Please tell her I said Hi.. Now while your this far on the west end please don't leave before checking out the sunset at Whoopies right past the light house.Some of the most beautiful scenery I've ever had the opportunity to view. It was like the movies... He has about 50 hammocks nesteled under beautiful shade trees for you to enjoy. Take a nap, read a book, or just relax for a moment.Small quaint bar for your thirst and a great atmosphere.Don't look for crowds because you won't find any, just a few people having good coversation, relaxing, taking in the view, and thanking God he brought them to this piece of heaven he left on earth for us all called Jamaica. I believe I went in every cave from NYC to the lighthouse and you have to do that because all of them are extrodinary. You don't have to stay at the hotels to explore their grounds so walk right in and enjoy what they have. Mariners Inn host IVO Wiser and his band on Tuesday nights and they have a buffet all you can eat for around $15 US and for around $32 US you can add all you can drink. Rob And The Negril Crew will also be there broadcasting live so thats a deal. Well late at night I couldn't leave the beach parties alone because there is too much happening. I felt like I was missing something if I wasn't there.Every night there is a PARTY... You got Risky Business on Monday's and Thursday's, Alfreds on Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday's, Roots Bamboo (my favorite) Wednesday and Sunday's, and then DeBuss (my other favorite) on Tuesday's and Thursday's. I really loved Thursday nights too because you could just walk back and forth on the beach from DeBuss to Risky and there was a he__ of a party going on at both. Oh Yes and on Monday nights Risky has ladies night from 8 pm till 10pm and that means free rum and coke for the ladies and that don't mean weak rum and coke. Their trying to get us ladies tore down for the guys by 10 so be cool.. I had some of my best nights on Monday's. Started Happy Hour at 4 pm at the NYC, ended it at 7 pm, got dressed, hailed a taxi, and hit Risky by 8. When did I finish my party ? Well I don't exactly remember on those nights... I'm Guilty... I was in Jamaica... No Problem Mon... Please meet as many locals as you can. There are alot of hagglers but you just have to be firm with your no. They will understand but after that don't just brush them off or think that every local after that is wanting the same because you couldn't be farther from the truth. Some of the best friends I made started out wanting to sell me something or take me somewhere and I did neither but it started a conversation and we got to know a little about one another and the next thing you know you've made a lifetime friend. Someone you'll never forget and someone that will never forget you and to me thats the most wonderful thing that I could find in Jamaica. In my opinion Jamaicans are some of the most wonderful people in the world and I thank GOD that I've had the opportunity to meet them and become friends with so many. May GOD Bless Them All.... Plan a trip to Jamaica and exspecially Negril, Jamaica and experience a piece of heaven and some of GOD's Angels. Have a good trip

Re: 1998 Trip Report - Sharleen - 11-01-2011

Tammy, I actually think I remember an earlier thread of your first trip to Jamaica -- I could be wrong (maybe thinking of someone else), but ?? you went with a girlfriend ?? and where you stayed might have been Hedonism in the early early days before it got so risque (sp?) or a place at that end of the beach.

I think your friend had been to Jamaica once before & talked you into going with her? Sitting someplace waiting for a boat to pick you up?

Re: 1998 Trip Report - oldtimer - 11-02-2011

Somehow I don't think the wedding report will be very nice..BUT !!!!having said that MAYBE ?????????? it will be an eye opener for the "everything is Irie".

Re: 1998 Trip Report - oldtimer - 11-02-2011

You guys are CORRECT !!!!!! the "unnamed"