The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Heart Wrenching - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Heart Wrenching (/showthread.php?tid=35541)

Heart Wrenching - Tammy - 11-01-2011

but wanted to share for those that are not on FB. Just a picture to remind us there are many suffering right here in the land of the free. This is what we should all be fighting to change IMO.

Re: Heart Wrenching - jajewel - 11-01-2011

I know this to be true, Tammy....thank you for reminding us....

Re: Heart Wrenching - Marie - 11-01-2011

As a Jamaican when I came to the States I was shocked when I saw the amount of homeless people on the street in NYC.

I travelled alot with my job then and visited the Delta area, WOW truly a sad state that families are living in.

I volunteer at the local women shelter and a hotel that house familes with school age children who are homeless.

Did not expect to see this in the US.

Please check the town, city you live in and volunteer even if it's just for a couple hours.

Re: Heart Wrenching - oldtimer - 11-01-2011

Not much to look forward too in the morning.

Re: Heart Wrenching - rastagirl777 - 11-01-2011

It is indeed a sad state of affairs, that picture speaks volumes. A couple of weeks ago I was working in San Francisco. Usually we commute but the nature of the gig was lots of late nights followed by early mornings so we decided to stay in the city. Right in the neighborhood where I worked for six years - the Tenderloin. While I usually only link blog posts that are Jamaica related I feel this one fits with this thread -

http://wstcountywstend.wordpress.com/2011/10/22/save-me-san-francisco/

Re: Heart Wrenching - Jenny - 11-01-2011

OMG, that picture of them is so heart-wrenching. Thank God he has that dog. That dog is so devoted to him. May he get what else he needs; warm housing, food in him belly, clothing, medical attention, a job....the list is a long one for him. Blessings to this man & his dog!!!

Re: Heart Wrenching - Marie - 11-02-2011

I befriended a homeless man 2 years ago that sits by a little lake close to my job. I've tried and tried to get him off the street with no luck so I just bring him bagels and such when I can also some blankets.

If you stay at a hotel those little soaps, lotions etc comes in real handy for the school kids who are homeless.

The other day I was in Kinkos and a lady came in found out she is a teacher and was buying copy paper, got to talking to her and found out she has 26 kids in her class but can only print 16 copies per month. WHAT, so what happen to the other 10 kids. I chipped in what I had so she could buy a carton of paper.

So many ways we can help that does not take alot of money.