The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Power still out - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Power still out (/showthread.php?tid=35478)

Power still out - Rastapher - 10-31-2011

Well.........thank Jah for cell phones and data plans however trying to keep mi phone charged and 3G signal has been tough, and thank Jah we have a pellet stove that warmed our foundation enough to live in the basement. We are supposed to get power some time today but haven't seen any crew working, even after driving around all morning trying to find a cup of coffee.

Re: Power still out - Jenny - 10-31-2011

Hang in der & stay warm, R'pher!!

Re: Power still out - Markospoon - 10-31-2011

Easy my man, just play it cool.

(song from West Side story)

Boy, boy crazy boy, stay cool boy.

Got a rocket in your pocket, keep coolie cool boy.

Go man go, but not like a yo-yo school boy,

just play it cool boy.

Breeze it, buzz it, easy does it.

Turn off the juice boy.

Just play it cool boy, real cool!

Hope things get better soon Ras.

Re: Power still out - Markospoon - 11-02-2011

Glad you got your power back Ras.

Take care my man, see you in 15 days.

Re: Power still out - rastagirl777 - 11-02-2011

Ras, my friends in Connecticut STILL don't have power and probably won't until Saturday...that's a week.

They live in "the country", so with no power comes no water. She's melting snow on her gas stove to flush her toilets.

I live in rural California and up until recently we were hit with power outages out of the blue and for no reason on a regular basis. Once it was for 5 days - like my friend, no water cause the pump doesn't work...that was the worst I'd ever had here. And I was fairly batshit by the time it was all over.

In Jamaica, I've kind of gotten used to it. JPS has it all over PG&E in response times believe it or not. When they were building Moondance Cliffs, just before they "officially" opened the hotel our power would go out every single day at sunset and stay out most of the night. It was infuriating and had something to do with MDC and the way their current was set up. To top it off, MDC had this big ass generator that wasn't in soundproof housing and sounded like a jet airplane motor.

It took JPS about a month to get that whole thing straightened out.

I can deal a bit better in JA without power...I don' t have the pressure of HAVING to have the computer on for work. And I've learned don't put it off - if I have work I have to do THAT day, DO IT...don't say later...cause later it might not happen without current...

There have a been a couple of New Years Eves where I've had to put makeup on by flash light. That was groovy. (not)