The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Eggs - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Eggs (/showthread.php?tid=34984)

Eggs - Rastapher - 10-22-2011

Ok, what's the deal with the warm eggs again?

Re: Eggs - jitterbug - 10-22-2011

i want to know too, i prefer my eggs from the fridge . . . jamaican ppl want them warm???

Re: Eggs - rootswoman - 10-22-2011

I lived in England a bunch of years ago - and went to a french cooking school - I learned that the english and the french did not believe in refrigerating eggs. If they are refrigerated, in proper french cooking, you are suppose to let them sit out until they reach room temp before you cook them.

It takes a long time for eggs to go bad - my friend bought bad eggs at the value master - she brought them back and came home with another batch of rotten eggs. I wondered if they came from the usa - already spoiled - like that 25 year old frozen chicken backs they talk about in the movie "Life and Debt"

I really don't trust buying super market eggs in negril -

Re: Eggs - macyoder - 10-22-2011

Speaking of warm eggs. You can check the chicken to get a 'feel' for when the egg is going to be laid. I think the chickens are a lot braver than some men. I feel the need to wash my poor pointer finger off just thinking about it:-).

We raised chicken but kept the eggs warm because we had no fridge.

Re: Eggs - oldtimer - 10-23-2011

I to use to notice that Jamaicans would love to get a meal (when I lived there) and would not like the way it was cooked.We would just eat our meal and not worry about them.It seemed that the meal would somehow get better after we were eating.Mystery eh !!!! hehehe

Re: Eggs - rastagirl777 - 10-23-2011

I have to say I eat fewer eggs in Jamaica. The non-refrigeration thing skeeves me. And I've cracked my share of bad ones (I use the pre-crack method too).

We do have a local source in my neighborhood but he sells out quick to the little local stores around me so its hard to just grab a dozen on the fly directly from him. So - instead, I watch for when he's making deliveries and head to Dora's or Wise Choice immediately after...I know they are super fresh and I stick them in the fridge immediately.

Re: Eggs - Tim - 10-23-2011

I used to date an executive chef. I learned some pretty good cooking techniques from her, including the secret to the best greek ribs ever.
She never refrigerated eggs either - although that is a habit I never picked up.

Re: Eggs - daniel - 10-24-2011

another lifetime ago(it seems) I worked in a supermarket. The eggs were stored out back unrefrigerated. They were however ,displayed for sale ,in a refrigerated case.??????

Re: Eggs - daniel - 10-24-2011

from asnwers . com

Answer
Uncooked, nonrefridgerated, room temperature, in the shell, 3 or more weeks. Uncooked out of shell, room temperature, 6 hours. Uncooked, in shell, refridgerated 6 months. Cooked in shell nonrefridgerated 1 day.
Cooked, in shell, refridgerated 5 or more weeks.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_long_do_eggs_last#ixzz1bk5csiqk

Re: Eggs - jeannieb - 10-25-2011

My mom taught me how to test an egg to see if it's rotten, before you crack it open.

Fill a mug/bowl with cool water.

Plop in the whole egg.

If it sinks, it's good.

If it floats, it's bad.

I've had some that bob around in the middle, not really sinking and not floating on top. I err on the side of caution and toss 'em.