The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
pleasant surprises in ja . . . - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: pleasant surprises in ja . . . (/showthread.php?tid=34623)

pleasant surprises in ja . . . - jitterbug - 10-17-2011

every once in a while i get a pleasantly surprised in jamaica, this past trip was one of those times . . .

we were wanting to get a pump and install the auto washer. rex called the only certified plumber he knew in the area. dave was real busy on a new build but wanted to help us out. we went and picked him up, dave came to the house to see all that we would need for materials and we all went to porty to a plumbing/electrical supply store that dave frequents. our toilet has been leaking for a while and also needed a new part.

i was more than pleasantly surprised at how efficient the young men and women were that worked this little store. everything was computerized, all of the staff knew what they were talking about, understood the products they were selling and that was impressive. we were able to access dave's discounts (15%) that he receives because of volume buying . . .

as we were driving home to commodore dave makes a call to his boss at the new build and says that he would be back in a couple of hours. i'm thinking to myself, oh, sure, "soon come" . . . i was sure the job would be an all day affair including cooking a pot of food . . .

once we unloaded all of the pipes and the pump, dave took no more than an hour to hook up the pump, fix the toilet, and install all the pipes for the washing machine. checked to make sure there were no leaks and that was it!!!

i was really impressed with his expertise and work habits that mimicked my world at home and i told him so. his explanation is that he's been building a lot of new homes for foreigners and learned better working habits!!! even more impressed.

every time i go to the hardware store, i feel like i need to take a valium for the process and am glad that this experience was real positive.

just a little bit of positive sharing . . .

Re: pleasant surprises in ja . . . - jajewel - 10-17-2011

everything was computerized, all of the staff knew what they were talking about, understood the products they were selling and that was impressive.

I remember you telling me about how impressed you were....wish the hdwe. store in Duncans was like that! It's more like the "valium" type....usually I have to go in there myself because Barry does not have enough patience & he will start cuss bad wud!!

Re: pleasant surprises in ja . . . - suzengrace - 10-18-2011

isnt it wonderful when things go smoooth.....Such a nice treat....