The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
portland - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: portland (/showthread.php?tid=34611)

portland - jitterbug - 10-17-2011

being in portland feels so normal, none of the hype that i feel while in negril . . . wanted to share some of the wonders of portland . . .

been going to portland for 28 years and yet it feels like time has stood still over there . . . i mean the tourism piece . . . i've met some very interesting expats living around the area and actually making a living . . . a couple from the u.s. that are farming chocolate trees and exporting to japan, liz said they can't keep up with the demands . . . mango joy that runs a healing centre for women up in the hills, artists in long bay that create art and live there full time and make a living . . . wolf, the german builder who services the area for the last 15 years, grace from belgium, who makes the most delicious jam and sells to the resorts . . . a couple that raises goats and makes goat cheese and exports to the area hotels . . . a lot of "cottage industries" . . . not the usual jewelery type of businesses . . .

although, no beach like negril anywhere else in ja!!!

Re: portland - fatty - 10-17-2011

~ JitterBug ~ wrote:

'a couple from the u.s. that are farming chocolate trees and exporting to japan'

Hmmm. What, exactly, is a chocolate tree??? Wouldn't it melt in that HOT sun?? LOL

Re: portland - New+Guy - 10-17-2011

~ JitterBug ~ wrote:

'been going to portland for 28 years and yet it feels like time has stood still over there . . . '

Port Maria is one of my favorite places in the world

Re: portland - suzengrace - 10-17-2011

Port Maria is cool..need to spend more time there..PA(and surrounding area)..AHHHHHH..
True paradise...Yes, seems like time has stood there..Can't even compare to Negril..It;s a whole different world...One of the most beautiful and coolest places I've been to in the world....I hope its NEVER becomes another Negril...
Please leave it alone.....