The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
memories.. - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: memories.. (/showthread.php?tid=34471)

memories.. - Aja - 10-15-2011

I was just on a you tube venture tonite ..playing lots of ladies music and I came across this one ...It made me smile ....remembering the time i kidnapped Dennis Brown...back in 83 ...and it also reminded me of the horror of my Ex kojack ...and the reason I have never been back to JA ...Kojack was so jealous of the fact that I loved DB ..I mean who did'nt.. but DB was my buddie.....I loved him so ....

Re: memories.. - jajewel - 10-15-2011

D Brown....di bes!!
Thanks fi di chune!

Re: memories.. - Aja - 10-15-2011

back in those days oldtimer ..I was involved in Easy street studios in London ...with suger minot and barrington levi ..and aswad...and who knows .... lol I kidnapped DB one night just for fun ....and what A fun night we had in London ....No we never had sex.... smiles ...I wish we did

Re: memories.. - VenusdeMilos - 10-16-2011

Love this thread. Talk about Desert Island discs...

So Dennis Brown, NW London 1978. I was 14yo and Money in My Pocket had been re released and was HUGE. I remember the Youth Dance Saturday Night Gig. Everybody went and Im sure alot of them were over 18. It was the place to be. The music was new and exciting, reggae artists were breaking through and having a massive influence. The Clash, The Ruts and even The Police were all playing that bumpin' bass line. SKA and TwoTone bands were skankin' everywhere and I couldnt leave the house without stealing my brother's Crombie. One kid from the block, Wesley, did this really cool dance to Money In My Pocket while gracefully, twirling and bouncing a walking stick, which he never dropped or missed a beat. Rude boyz used to line the walls on the way to girls loo, it was impossible to get passed without being relentlessly teased and your bum squeezed. Unless you waited till late when Dennis or Gregory were played, bc then EVERYONE was on the dancefloor.

Aswad, from my old stomping ground. Around this time they started making a name for themselves too and everyone knew who Brindsley Forde was anyway bc he played on the Double Deckers...(I kid you not)! By the time the 80's came Aswad were very cool and a major part of the NW London SoundClash Scene i.e. Babylon movie.

A wonderful era for UK music and brilliantly my parents had me at the right time bc I was out there. Rock against Racism, the kids were united and Punks and Rastas ruled.

Bless. x x