The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Government Agency Sells Booby Cay - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Government Agency Sells Booby Cay (/showthread.php?tid=34255)

Pages: 1 2

Government Agency Sells Booby Cay - Blues Pirate - 10-13-2011

This is sickening. Not so much that it was sold but that the government empowered an agency to sell it and how the process was carried out. It reminds me of what the government did with Bloody Bay.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20111013/lead/lead1.html

Re: Government Agency Sells Booby Cay - Likkle+Red - 10-13-2011

this is just so sad......it just makes me want to sit down and bawl!

Re: Government Agency Sells Booby Cay - rastagirl777 - 10-13-2011

The only thing I can do is sigh. Sadly, I'm used to Jamaica selling off her natural treasures.

Interesting article and I'll wait to see what actually happens. The first thing that struck me - housing? On Booby Cay? What about hurricanes? Even tropical storms or rough seas...that place cannot fare well at all during any of these events. Plus infrastructure - water and where do da poop go?

They mention a fish sanctuary...we've all seen whats happened to Negril's marine sanctuaries - first Blood Bay and the RIUs...then Little Bloody Bay. The common thread with both of those sanctuaries were the rules - no fishing and no motorized water vehicles. At Booby Cay right now there are both - motorized vehciles go in and out of there all the time and nuff Lobster is fished from around there as well.

So, the closest untouched beach you can still go to would be Rhodes Hall (which IMO doesn't really have much of a beach) and my fave, Half Moon Beach.

Re: Government Agency Sells Booby Cay - Jenny - 10-13-2011

Sickening! And now the housing developer will go in & its affluent effluent will disturb & probably ruin the fish sanctuary! Cutting off yah nose to spite your face!

Re: Government Agency Sells Booby Cay - VenusdeMilos - 10-13-2011

"affluent effluent"..lol.

lobster bones maybe stinky but deffinately bio degradeable. not so bad!

Re: Government Agency Sells Booby Cay - irieworld - 10-13-2011

I was wondering about the article--thanks for clarification, BP. Because I couldn't tell what land they were talking about from the current version. Plus even for a little cay the prices seemed out of the ballpark. So I wonder if it is for a parcel of land on the mainland plus the cay. Or if the paper got it wrong in the first place.

Re: Government Agency Sells Booby Cay - stuckinusa - 10-13-2011

Who will save the cats of the island.....i used to take them food.

Re: Government Agency Sells Booby Cay - Van - 10-13-2011

Everything--and I mean EVERYTHING--is for sale in Jamaica for a price.

Re: Government Agency Sells Booby Cay - dave - 10-13-2011

why is anyone surprised at this?
Saddly this is just 'business as usual' in Ja.

Re: Government Agency Sells Booby Cay - sunray - 10-13-2011

Blues Pirate, I have heard a saying that says, "You can't buy the truth for a dollar" (maybe $50J for a newspaper in Jamaica). So many times I am frustrated by bad or outright wrong information printed in newspapers. Believe none of what you read, and only half of what you see.
Anyway it would be great to think that Bobby Cay is not for sale, gets cleaned up and made into protected parkland, for everyone to enjoy.