The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
police presence - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: police presence (/showthread.php?tid=34247)

police presence - jitterbug - 10-13-2011

while in ja this last round, i noticed a whole lot more police on the roads all across the island . . . a lot of ppl being stopped for speeding which i am real happy about . . .

Re: police presence - wit - 10-13-2011

good news!

Re: police presence - VenusdeMilos - 10-13-2011

JJ said ~ I do hope it was actually "speeding" that they were stopped for & not "lunch money"!

(sorry Quote Text not happening for me Smile

VdeMilos says ~ Oh my! Why does that sound familiar? Why does DH fit in so well down in Jamaica? Why is he so not shocked by all these antics.?

Happens here to. Wife needs a new hat. Oh lets pull over some sucker for speeding On The Spot Fine! Ignore the youths tearing around with no crash helmet, they have no money. Coffee anyone?

Serious bone of contention between DH and I. He wants us to work our butts off non stop for the next 5~7 years without a break. Then when all the sproggs have sprogged off...live in Jamaica for at LEAST 2 years.
The Mrs. "Moi" "Er indoors" "Yinekka mou". Hell NO. Jamaica is a holiday destination. A little piece of paradise to be indulged in every year, usually around Christmas.

Re: police presence - Jenny - 10-13-2011

No matter the REASON for the intensified police presence, hopefully it will lead to far less pedestrians struck & killed!!!!

Re: police presence - sunray - 10-13-2011

Slowing the speeders down is a good thing, they look for the bad men too, but not cool if they shake people down for some lunch money. Nobody should be stopped four times in a day, police resourses could be used elsewhere.

Re: police presence - Sharleen - 10-13-2011

SusanGrace, if you will be driving a rental, check all four tires and make sure that you have a decent spare tire as well as a jack in the car.

It can be pretty common if you stop some place and leave your car unattended for someone to let the air out of the tires or poke a large nail right through, and then of course, for a little bit of money, they will change your tire.

Just pull over if you end up with a bunch of speeders behind you, let them go by and then continue on. Driving can be really really stressful - I used to drive all over JA and just can't cope with the tension of it all anymore. But there is nothing nicer than having your own vehicle in JA for sure! You can go where you want, when you want.

Someone recently on this board, I think in reference to Medi, made a comment to her about why she wanted to stay so far in the west end where she would have to take route taxi's "to get to the heart of where all the action is" or something like that. .. & I thought to myself "why would ANYONE want to stay 'in the heart of things' ??? I think the person mentioned right in the middle of 'all the action'... And I wondered why anyone would actually WANT to be 24/7 where 'all the action is????'