The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Happy Lickle Memories - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Happy Lickle Memories (/showthread.php?tid=33897)

Happy Lickle Memories - Miss+Jamaica Soul - 10-11-2011

Hi!
Oh god..the board went a wee bit pear shaped over the weekend.My laptop went on strike too!

Anyway onwards and upwards!

What makes you "laff" when you think of your first newbie experiences in Jamaica?

Now I know some of you are lucky enough to go way back(I would love to hear more about Jamaica in the late sixties/early seventies)

No such luck for me....!

Here's some of my "happy lickle memories"..around 2003..and remember life is for living..everything is an experience!

Taking part in an "Open mike" sing off in Kendal inna "country"!Yes mi!(and mi backing singers!Local stylee!

Again ... I look around...hey its okay....im" jus" starting out here.....no one knew me.Oh Lawd! White rum mek mi brave!

"Bike gate!"
Oh isn't Orange Hill and the road beyond lovely?"Tek time"

Ah the freedom of the open road.A local friend borrowing his friends bike.Woah ..quite a powerful bike too!

I know "nuttin" much about bikes..but I do know you need a helmet!

Na Miss....Mi na wear "elmet".So i dont have one either.

(Sensible head now a la 2011....says No Way!....but seems like a long time ago!)

Off we go!"Breeze in mi hair"...This is fun.....Oh no!Neighbourhood watch!White jeep coming!
Oh God!Mi Sorry. "you mus learn rules pon di road!".
(OOps because i was sooooo niave then and believed "we ok" up in the hills outta Negril!

Lesson learned then!

Water lock off? No problem mon......up in Good Hope.....nothing wrong with an outdoor Hose pipe shower!Fun..and I mean it!!!!

Hair straighteners "died" as i was getting ready to go to Jungle late at night.No problem mon.Mi auntie says mi must help you "iron" your hair!

Is it real????Yes!!!!!!Im from west Scotland...not too many wig shops there!
What are you doing......ah ok ......mi hair done!!!!!!!

Losing my loveliest, highest pair of shoes in Ochi!Kicked them off to dance and they went a walking!!!!!!!!!!

It is "betta" to live...than never live at all!

Respect

Miss Jamaica Soul x

Re: Happy Lickle Memories - jajewel - 10-11-2011

My early memories of Jamaica are getting a little foggy these days....early 80's....remember getting off the plane & feeling like I had landed on another PLANET!...of course the differences are not so pronounced any more, but back then, oh bway! Therein was the excitement for me....such an adventure! and I really did have a few!

Did several Sunsplashes in the 80's, danced till dawn at Kaisers, spent 2 months in Kendall Cessnock with very little money (was lucky to have a genuine Ja. friend then, who actually is still a good friend, although I seldom see him)....reggae music was the big draw for me along with the warmth, the colors, the sea, the scents....alla it jus drew me in & held onto me & nah leggo!

On my first arrival (in Mobay), heard on the plane that Bunny Wailer was giving a concert in Kgn, the "youth Conciousness" concert....so, believe it or not, I hopped on a minibus after landing & rode to Kgn that night....never been to Ja. before & totally on my own!...no fear!...I did know a friend in Kgn. that I could stay with, so I contacted him when I got there....went to the concert by myself & was up dancing on my chair!....lotsa fun times!

I'm much older & wiser (I hope) now & things are different in Ja. now so wouldn't reccomend this type of escapades to single woman travelers now!

Re: Happy Lickle Memories - Tanya - 10-11-2011

one of many likkle memories but one of my favs.....
I was in my first year of HS at Ferncourt and we took a charter bus to school and back. There was an incident at the school and it closed early so instead of waiting for the bus to come at 3:30 when it was scheduled to come the group of us decided to walk home or until we met the bus.

We walked allllll the way from Claremont to the very end of Fern gully. that was such an adventure. We went in to peoples fields and picked oranges and mangos and ate along the way. The scariest parts were some of the corners in Ferngully, everytime a vehicle came along we would scramble up on the banks.

Foolish care free kids we were.

Re: Happy Lickle Memories - suzengrace - 10-12-2011

My first trip 1983.. was in my teens-Oh what fun that was...Especially those parties that were near the beach -but more in the bush (back then less development) and my fav would be hanging out at the Red roof club...leaving when the sun was coming up and walking back to our place listening to the roosters crow and tired from dancing and being merry all nite...