The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error

Jamericans
Reply to Rastapher... - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Reply to Rastapher... (/showthread.php?tid=33753)

Reply to Rastapher... - Michele - 10-10-2011

I responded to your post but I really want you to see this and as the post was a couple of days old i wasn't sure if you were still reading the thread so I decided to post for you to read...

I had a interesting experience a few years back and one that I have tried to forget. My brother had introduced me to a Jamaican guy ( over the phone) living in Iowa ( yes I said Iowa) who happened to be going to jamaica the same time me and a good friend would be there. We were staying in Ochi and he said he was staying not far from there and would come by the hotel which we were staying. No problem.

He came by and all three of us spent a few hours at the hotel eating, talking and having a pleasant time. In the course of the conversation we told him we were leaving the next day heading back to Mobay and he offered to give us a ride since he was going that way and he had rented a car. No problem.

So next day he picked us up dressed as if he was a rapper dripping in gold rings, chains and what not. Now, I am not one that puts a lot of interest on clothes as long as one is clean and the clothes are decent but this was a 50 plus year old man. Come on now.

So we make it to Mobay and stop at a stoplight and a young kid around 13 or 14 comes up to the window and starts cleaning it, which in the city back home I might have said something to a person who did this but this was a kid trying to make a few bucks and this man we were with began a heavy patois of cussing this kid out. I was shocked and embarrassed. He was saying and acting like he was so much better and referring to jamaicans in general as these people that I told him to stop and let us out which he did in the course of cussing me out too. I told him he was the worst kind of jamaican, someone who got the opportunity to better his life in a foreign country and now he comes back to look down on his countrymen and show off. I called my brother when I got back and related the incident and he called a friend in Iowa and told him.

Re: Reply to Rastapher... - Rastapher - 10-10-2011

Michele I did read this......and found it strangely true. Some go a farrin and come back and it's like they were the upperclass world traveler but nothing has changed but the clothes brought back from a farrin. I know some jamaicans here in the USA and I can't see them going back and acting "better", but I can see someone cussing out someone trying to clean windows. I had an experience with a guy at the round about by juicy patties. I pulled in for some food and he saw white man and proceeded to wipe down my car. I yelled at him but he kept going.....lol.....so I kept yelling and told him not to waste his time for no dime.....see, I had to act like a jamaican or get sucked in........am I better than him......no..........do I have it better in life than him........yes............but I would do same over and over..........but you have to do it unless you neeed the service or are so guilty. brings me to another story.......at the Texaco by Sweet Spice.......I come rolling off the mountain to get gas for the walker and two small children begging at the pumps.....not in school.......I gave them my change and told dem dey nee school, nuh begging.....dem get no more change from me.
parents have the kids beg for drug money while the kids suffer and starve......next time I will buy dem food......lol.