The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Kingstonbound....and I made it home too!! - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Kingstonbound....and I made it home too!! (/showthread.php?tid=33184)

Kingstonbound....and I made it home too!! - Miss+Jamaica Soul - 10-07-2011

Way back in 2003/4, I really wanted to stay in Jamaica forever...so Kingston Mi mus go to look about the work permit!

Packed mi case....the usual 11or 12 pairs of shoes,hair straighteners, skirts shorts, bikini(?!)...Well I thought I might find a pool somewhere...and besides I get "tanorexia"....if Im away from the sunshine for a day!(wonder why I was keen to move from the UK...and stay warm forever!)

Mi neva been there ...so adventure here I come!
Clattered down the hill from Red Ground....obligatory 6 inch heels on!Well I was going to "town!"Spray of coco chanel..good to go!

Ok ..Route taxi to Sav!The first week in JA, I thought that i was being nice, moving up in taxi's to share and just be friendly...then the taxi driver told me he was collecting money.I think it was only 70J to Sav if even and 40 j around one section of Negril!

I loved the fastness, wildness and "squashiness"of the ride over to Sav with Mr Vbyz Kartel and everyone screaming "Up to the time!".

Got to Sav.Maybe a wee white rum or two to fortify me for the journey ahead!
I thought I can just pay extra for my seat and 2 more spaces re case!20 people on...ok..another 4 or 5.Move up!Yes that wee boy and his mum could squeeze on If I just sat (wobbled!)on my case a wee bit.He cuddled into me staring at me with his beautiful huge brown eyes.

4 hours of an amazing ride.Twisting ,turning..hair pin bends pon di road.One stop!Too late..reverse back at 60 mph..are we gonna drop of the side of the road?!

Bus broke down in Spanish town!No problem....waited for the next one..curious looks from others "Why she move so?"

Eventually reach Kingston Bus Park....wow ...loud, noisy and vibrant!!!!!!!!!!Mus pretend I know the runnings! Chose the oldest taxi driver.....figure no problem (again!)mon...route taxi to the Ministry of Labour!

He dropped me off miles away!Im alone for 2 minutes!Before I know it a little old man has put me on the back of his old trusty motorbike.Ok what about my case?
He put it in one hand....and then drove us,weaving in and out of the traffic with just one hand!!!!

I got my form.....but never actually stayed longer than the yr at that point....so that was that! Just holidayed every 10 weeks for yrs after!I had no trouble in Kingston.Just walked tall in my heels like I knew wha a gwan?!!

All my solo escapades were a bit like this!I must go and work over weekend here in the uk but sometime will post re selling bananas /fish/yam(not all in truck at the same time )at various places with a good friend of mine en route to a Wake in Clarendon!!!!!!!!!!!

Only if people want to read it..also will make it shorter or you will be thinking im writing a novel!This is the Jamaica that i love!

Respect

Miss Jamaica Soul x

Re: Kingstonbound....and I made it home too!! - Seveen - 10-07-2011

i love it!

and you can make your stories as long as you want (i've done some doozies - lol)

welcome

Re: Kingstonbound....and I made it home too!! - Angel - 10-07-2011

Nice story, type away it was not too long.

Re: Kingstonbound....and I made it home too!! - suzengrace - 10-07-2011

Love to read yur stories..Yes, going anywhere in Jam in heels is an experience (and a twisted ankle ready to happen..lol)
Oh BTW..Welcome to Board...Wish more with get out of Lurk mode and contribute..

Re: Kingstonbound....and I made it home too!! - wendy - 10-07-2011

6 inch heels on

LORD !!!!! YOU still wearing dem heels ? i hear they do/did wonders on car windshields. (hee hee)

Re: Kingstonbound....and I made it home too!! - Rastapher - 10-08-2011

I still have trouble walking in heels........