The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
How adventuous are you when in Jamaica - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2010 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Thread: How adventuous are you when in Jamaica (/showthread.php?tid=3210)

How adventuous are you when in Jamaica - doctoro - 11-12-2010

I've met quite a few people who go to Jamaica and get stuck in the first place they visited. Never venturing further than the beach or the first town they landed in.

What places have you visited? What other towns have you stayed in? What adventures have you had? Anyone ever climbed the Blue Mountains?

Re: How adventuous are you when in Jamaica - wit - 11-12-2010

jamaica is not a place I want an 'adventure' anymore but years ago yes it was safe to do so.

St. Mary's
Robin's Bay
Port Royal
Kingston
Blue Mountains
Montego Bay
Runaway Bay
Discovery Bay
Trelawny
Brownstown
Clarkstown
Jacksontown
Brampton
Lucea
Negril
Ochi

I've gone full circle in jamaica...started behind gates and feel MUCH safer these days doing the same. We don't venture out much and never at night.

Re: How adventuous are you when in Jamaica - rastagirl777 - 11-12-2010

I used to be more adventurous in my younger days. My first trip to the island I went without hotel reservations but didn't consider that adventure, it seemed normal to me and it worked out great. I've never been a "mainstream" traveler so I shyed away from large resorts. My adventurous spirit is more what I do as opposed to where I go - getting to know people who in turn turned me on to great off the beaten path things to do. I was introduced to Little Bay and Orange Hill years ago and they became my "getaways" from Negril. Enjoyed doing really unique things like dirtbiking the trail to Little Bay (off road), venturing to parties in Orange Hill (those great street parties where the whole community comes out) - we even took a boat to Little Bay once and that was a pretty funny adventure. I have a friend who has a zodiac and for many years that's how we'd cruise the Black River, going places on that river that only residents knew about. I'm not one for guided tours - where ever I've gone its been with friends and its offered that little extra sumting with every excursion that took me off the beaten path. I'm not reckless but I do look towards going places and doing something out of the typical tourist box. And each time I go I strive to incorporate something new and different into the trip.

I always punished myself for never straying too far from Negril but I have more of the "bug" to do that now. We'll see how the wind blows me this winter!