The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Proper way to make a Gin Gimlet - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Proper way to make a Gin Gimlet (/showthread.php?tid=31920)

Proper way to make a Gin Gimlet - Markospoon - 09-27-2011

You start with a double shot of Tangueray Gin,

Mix in a little Rose's Lime juice to taste,

Shake it and serve over the rocks .

Add a lime slice if you wish.

Do you have another recipe?

P.S. You Vodka lovers can substitute for the Gin.

Re: Proper way to make a Gin Gimlet - Rastapher - 09-27-2011

I believe a gimlet is a gin martini with onion(baby) instead of olive.

Re: Proper way to make a Gin Gimlet - Markospoon - 09-27-2011

You can call that gin/onion thing a gimlet if you want,

my recipe is a classic.

Tried and true, Yum yum.

Google it Ras, LOL.

Just don't be driving anywhere after your 2nd one.

Many a night me and the "boys' have polished off a bottle or 2.

True Bozz, you can make it various ways.

Some folks add natural lime juice to cut the sugary taste out of the Rose's, but, mi like de Roses lime juice and Gin shaken and poured on the rocks.

Cheers!

I don't even know why i posted that.

I was dreaming of times long ago, 1867.

The Merchant shipping Act of 1867 required a daily lime ration to the Royal Navy and Merchant Navy to prevent scurvy.

The same year the inventors of Rose's Lime Juice found a way to preserve the limes without using alcohol.

Hence the term "limeys" for British sailors.

Re: Proper way to make a Gin Gimlet - rootswoman - 09-27-2011

Ras and Wit - i think your mixing up Gimlet with Gibson -a Gibson is a Martini with cocktail onions -a Gimlet is just as Spoon described. Its about the only thing roses is good for. It would be delicious with fresh lime juice and simple syrup.
25 plus years in the restaurant business did teach me something.... lol -

Bottoms up Spoon!

Re: Proper way to make a Gin Gimlet - Markospoon - 09-28-2011

Thanks Rootswoman.

In the movie "North by Northwest" Cary Grant ordered a "Gibson" on the train while dining with Eva Marie Saint.

I never tried the Gibson, but if Cary drinks it, well............

Classic.

One of my fav movies of all time.

Re: Proper way to make a Gin Gimlet - rootswoman - 09-28-2011

ahhh, It is one of my favorite movies of all time as well! Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock - what a team!

I would avoid the Gibson - I can't imagine how old those onions are in most bars - unfortunately, people are no longer emulating Cary Grant.

Re: Proper way to make a Gin Gimlet - Markospoon - 09-28-2011

Yes, The Classic dining cars of an era long gone.

They just don't do things like they used to.

Cary was too smooth.

Even as he got older in the movie Charade with the immortal Audrey Hepburn, (she was my first love) he was too cool.

Only Sean Connery is up there with him, Shaken not stirred, baby!