The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
DFW & Small Plane Questions... - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: DFW & Small Plane Questions... (/showthread.php?tid=31683)

DFW & Small Plane Questions... - Yvonne - 09-25-2011

I'm taking a little vacation next week (not to Negril) for my 61st birthday next Saturday. I'll be connecting in DFW. Do they have free wi-fi? Tampa International Airport does, Miami does not (have to pay). Those are my only reference points. If anyone has an answer, I'd love to know in advance of my Wednesday departure.

My other question... how comfortable (or not) is it to fly in commuter planes these days? The last leg of my trip (2+ hours) will be in one of those small planes w/ 2 seats on one side of the aisle, 1 seat on the other side. Normally flying doesn't bother me at all but this is a small plane compared to what I normally fly. I was on a small American Eagle plane between Miami & Aruba years ago but I don't remember much about it (too long ago) other than that I arrived safely. This is also an American Eagle flight. I'll be seated on the one seat side both directions.

Thanks!

Re: DFW & Small Plane Questions... - wit - 09-25-2011

Congrats on your upcoming trip and BD Yvonne Smile

Don't know an answer to your first question sorry.
Small planes....my father had his own small plane. I found it safe. Nothing like the big planes though...you do feel everything. Last small plane I took was out of Glasgow to the Isle of Lewis. It was fine. Got there and back no issues. Himself said there is a hurricane off the coast, but not directly coming so you may feel a bit of turbulence. Enjoy!!

Re: DFW & Small Plane Questions... - Jenny - 09-25-2011

Hi, Yvonne! I've been through DFW many a time. We used to joke that when we Northwest Arkansans depart this Earth, we'll have to "leave out of DFW!" We had to fly there to go ANYWHERE. That's changed, but I still often go through there to visit various places.

DFW's internet service is not free. It is $9.95 per day. You register with a service there & pay your $$.

The smaller planes actually don't bother me. They won't bother you either, as you're a thin person. The one-seat side is great; you get both worlds - a window & an aisle seat - all together! Now, these planes ARE pretty small, for sure! Everyting is smaller on them. For example, the overhead storage space will NOT hold a roll-on carryon, but you will gate-check those for free; it'll be "tagged" & you'll get the corresponding tag w/ its number. You had it over & then when you land, you'll pick it up again at the bottom after the cargo workers take them all out. About all you can fit up there is a purse, a laptop bag or some small bag. On the other hand, these smaller planes handle really well & my dad, who used to be a pilot in WWII, claims that they're MUCH safer than the large planes. However, you DO feel turbulence more. I find these smaller planes to be more relaxed in the cabin; it's a more intimate setting & both the flight crew (only one person!) & passengers are more friendly. Have fun on your adventure!! And Happy 61st birthday!