The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Negril to get new state-of-the-art hospital - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Negril to get new state-of-the-art hospital (/showthread.php?tid=31592)

Negril to get new state-of-the-art hospital - Blues Pirate - 09-24-2011

Jamaica Gleaner article
http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20110924/news/news8.html

Re: Negril to get new state-of-the-art hospital - wit - 09-24-2011

wow

Re: Negril to get new state-of-the-art hospital - Van - 09-24-2011

I hope this to be true. Not to be Negative Nellie I just cannot imagine the central hub/best on island/Carib being in that location due to demographics, logistics, etc alone. I sincerely hope that their dreams come to fruition. Historically any 'best' anywhere is minimally in a city with lots of traffic. I see it being a place to recover or maintain possibly-but for AE Casualty..hope so. Anyway, it is a great effort so hopefully in 3 years (which could mean 6) it will be there. In any event it is 100000% better than what is there now which is nothing. I had heard about this a while who practises alternative medicine-so perhaps that will be a part to it.

Re: Negril to get new state-of-the-art hospital - rootswoman - 09-24-2011

Wow is right!
Finally some GOOD news coming out of Jamaica.
Thank you Howard University!

Re: Negril to get new state-of-the-art hospital - Van - 09-24-2011

Exactly bozz. But again has to be better than nothing.

Re: Negril to get new state-of-the-art hospital - rootswoman - 09-24-2011

I think I'm going crazy - i could have sworn that I read Howard University was involved in building the hospital - i don't know where i saw that - it says nothing of that sort. what was in my morning coffee?

Re: Negril to get new state-of-the-art hospital - oldtimer - 09-25-2011

1st....who is actually going to build this.It says that Howard U will fund it for 10 years.It says it will take 3 1/2 years to build.In Ja that will be 6 years so for 4 years HU will run the hospital.It will also take a few years to get up to speed.THEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! who will be supporting it,where are they going to get and maintain it with world class Dr's? that's Cuba's job. This ain't an easy task !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where are these people going to live ??? What are all these people going to do for entertainment?? and last but not least WHERE IS THE POOP GOING? In Havanna they have culture in Negril they have a beach....this all factors in to the success of this mystical place.It will have my blessing but reality...it's a hard sell. Why did they pick there ???