The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Water - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Water (/showthread.php?tid=31581)

Water - Rastapher - 09-24-2011

It gets expensive to drink bottled water down in Negril, so for our house I found these unbelieveable water filters that the red cross uses where there is no potable water available. We can't drink our tank water cause it's a mix of rain water and truck water. White man doesnt do well with rain water. These filters remove everything, I mean everything. The one we got is called a big berkey, came with two filters but I just got two more filters to plug it to speed up the process due to the fact we are having our first guests soon and we need more water quicker. we used the filter last trip, incredible. You can filter stagnant pond water and drink it. If you have a place down der, these over the long run are well worth the jing.

http://www.berkeyfilters.com

Re: Water - Tammy - 09-24-2011

Ras that rain water ain't gonna hurt you. LOL
Years ago when I was having to take my own water to work I got addicted to Dasani and I tell you anytime I had to drink regular water it tasted like it literally had dirt in it. Was about to be another expensive addiction. Of course my first addiction is Coca Cola and guess who makes Dasani? I think they add something in that water. lol Anyways when I drink water now most of the time it comes straight from the pipe here and in Jamaica. I will admit I'm not a big water drinker so if I was I may be a lot pickier about what water I drink.

Re: Water - oldtimer - 09-24-2011

water is for washing..beer is for drinking.

Re: Water - BrenJaLee - 09-25-2011

Speaking of water... one of the vinyards we toured up in Napa last weekend has one of the last remaining natural soda springs. The natural oxygen bubbled up from the ground turning the spring water into soda water. It was cool to see the bubbles coming up.

Was hard to get a good pic of the bubbles coming up but you can kind of see it there.

Then we got to taste it... was GOOD!!!

The soda water flowed right out of the spring and down the mountain. Here is the location downstream where they use to bottle the soda water in the early 1900s.

Re: Water - Winni - 09-26-2011

Hey Ras,

How do you get it down to JA? Leave it in the box? Do you pay duty? We need something as well, cause the price of bottled water is crazy!

Re: Water - Winni - 09-26-2011

Thanks Ras.

It looked bigger in the picture online. We don't have a TRN but we have lots of water and JPS bills!